Happy Birthday, RCC!

Old August 22nd 07, 11:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

Default Happy Birthday, RCC!

Yes, it was on August 22, 1994, 13 years ago today, that RCC
officially came into existence:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...8f7f6767d3d9ca

If it wraps,

http://tinyurl.com/3azsed

If you Google the early years, you may recognize some of the names.
Some, like me who didn't know anything about Usenet or newsgroups,
didn't show up for years. For me, it's been a great adventure, and I
hope to continue for many more years.

Happy Birthday to us.
Happy Birthday to us.
Happy Birthday, dear RCC.
Happy Birthday to us. :-)

Jerry

Old August 23rd 07, 12:30 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jim Seymour

Jerry Dennis wrote:
Yes, it was on August 22, 1994, 13 years ago today, that RCC
officially came into existence:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...8f7f6767d3d9ca

Ooo! In seven more years, we should issue some kind of collectible
token commemorating the 20th anniversary! I suggest something cool.
Like a Dragon! :-)

If you Google the early years, you may recognize some of the names.
Some, like me who didn't know anything about Usenet or newsgroups,
didn't show up for years. For me, it's been a great adventure, and I
hope to continue for many more years.

While my USENET presence goes back to 1988, I didn't stumble into RCC
until early 1995 - and even then, I didn't read it regularly until much
later.

Happy birthday, all. We're finally teenagers!

Hmmm... That does explain some of the posts here...

--
Jim Seymour
Old August 23rd 07, 04:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jon Purkey

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 16:30:37 -0700, Jim Seymour
wrote:

Jerry Dennis wrote:
Yes, it was on August 22, 1994, 13 years ago today, that RCC
officially came into existence:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...8f7f6767d3d9ca

Ooo! In seven more years, we should issue some kind of collectible
token commemorating the 20th anniversary! I suggest something cool.
Like a Dragon! :-)

Something showing coin images (obverse and/or reverse) from several US
and World coins would be nice, if it can be produced legally. I bought
the 3" US Mint 200th Anniversary medal because I thought it was cool
with the 15 coin designs on the reverse. It's the only medal I've
bought other than the 1st spouse ones.

Old August 24th 07, 02:19 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Roßert G. Schaffrath

Well my sister is older :-D

She was born August 22, 1964...

Old August 26th 07, 11:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mike Marotta

On Aug 22, 6:11 pm, Jerry Dennis wrote:
If you Google the early years, you may recognize some of the names.

.... and topics!
Grading companies -- which ones and whether or not ANY...
"What is wrong with the ANA?"
Back in the good old days when I started collecting...
The newspapers have nothing but ads.

Alan Herbert warning people not to buy altered coins....

.... and to think that there was a time before eBay.

Every two years, we get the flurry of new posters who want our votes
for ANA Board.

But, really, when you get right down to it, it has to be the
flamewars:
"Coin X is all about feature A."
"Actually, coin X lacks feature A."
"You flametarding postlicker! I killfiled you a hundred times and
still I read your posts! You ruin the hobby!"

Oh, well, there are the swaps, the holiday exchanges, the poster to
poster cool deals, and of course, the RCC Tokens, Last time I was at a
coin show without my RCC Name Badge, someone asked my why I wasn't
wearing it.

(RCSD) Happy Birthday! Rod General Discussion 0 August 1st 07 02:11 AM
Happy Birthday To Robbie William W Western 8 Track Tapes 0 January 25th 07 03:51 PM
Happy Birthday! Stephen L. Suffet General Discussion 7 September 18th 04 03:12 PM
happy Birthday fon Autographs 11 May 15th 04 05:35 AM
Happy birthday and a pen! Avery A. Hise Pens & Pencils 0 March 6th 04 02:14 AM