Ebay is Unfair!

Old April 7th 07, 05:37 AM posted to alt.anti-ebay,alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting
Mr. Clean

Default Ebay is Unfair!

On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 02:18:52 +0100, "Niel J Humphreys"
spake thusly:

"Ozark" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 6, 5:44 am, "Kim" wrote:
Hi. My name is Kim and I was a powerseller on eBay. My account was
canceled
for no apparent reason give,

Chances are you have been found quilty without a trial of breaking one
of Ebays rules.

More like chances are it's another ****ing troll.

how is one found quilty?

Old April 7th 07, 05:39 AM posted to alt.anti-ebay,alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting
Mr. Clean

On 6 Apr 2007 18:49:01 -0700, "Jerry Dennis"
spake thusly:

There are many other online auction sites
available.

but can you sell anything on them? that's the real question.

Old April 7th 07, 09:55 AM posted to alt.anti-ebay,alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting
Roberto Pirezzi

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message

"nofeestillyoulose" wrote in message
news4yRh.216$Lm.63@trndny05...
ebay is a maze that gives someone something to do. Its like they set up a
puzzle and intrique you to lose your money with tens of ways of doing it.
yes you can get some decent buys but lets bet you eventually see this as
a money losing obessision.. Count yourself lucky they helped you leave.
If your worried about some fees. your not probably doing so great as
power seller.

If one can occasionally get some decent buys on eBay, how does a buyer end
up losing money?

By buying 1 item from 1 seller dirt cheap, and a 2nd from another seller,
about on the money. Only 1 turns up, therefore buyer loses money lol

If someone sets up a business that is dependant on
auctioning their goods on eBay, and they lose money, they either have
crappy products that people don't want, or they set their starting bids
near retail which scared potential bidders off.

Or they may not make their listings appealing. I know a friend who had a
load of unwanted gifts he was selling, and didn't attract a single bid worth
anywhere near a reasonable price.

I've never lost money as a buyer and
seller over about ten years.

It's easier to lose money as a buyer. Losses are instant.

With selling, losses are cumulative over periods of time - i.e if you make a
loss selling 5 items on Monday, but sell 20 items at higher profit on
Tuesday, by Wednesay, overall, you have profited.

Out of say, 1000 items, it is fine to lose on some, if they help make a gain
on others. (repeat business, browsers - impulse buyers etc). High feedback
scores are dependant on selling by VOLUME (and psychologically, people will
pay more if there is a lot of business going through one user).

Sometimes I didn't get what I'd hoped for
selling an item. Other times I got several times more than I expected.
I'm not in it to make money, even if I sometimes do.

If you're not in it for the money, then you can't have any expectation what
you will get for items.

Which class of person is in it for the money:

A) eBay Sellers.

B) People who give their items away to charity shops

I can't picture someone
able to get rid of junk from their garage or attic on eBay and then
whining about the fees they charge. Maybe they shoulda held a yard sale
and hoped for a customer or two.

Bruce

You only whine when things don't sell at all. It's like someone winning the
lottery jackpot, then moaning and groaning about the price of the ticket.
Pointless.

l2oberto

Old April 7th 07, 10:48 AM posted to alt.anti-ebay,alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting
nofeestillyoulose

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message

"nofeestillyoulose" wrote in message
news4yRh.216$Lm.63@trndny05...
ebay is a maze that gives someone something to do. Its like they set up a
puzzle and intrique you to lose your money with tens of ways of doing it.
yes you can get some decent buys but lets bet you eventually see this as
a money losing obessision.. Count yourself lucky they helped you leave.
If your worried about some fees. your not probably doing so great as
power seller.

If one can occasionally get some decent buys on eBay, how does a buyer end
up losing money? If someone sets up a business that is dependant on
auctioning their goods on eBay, and they lose money, they either have
crappy products that people don't want, or they set their starting bids
near retail which scared potential bidders off. I've never lost money as
a buyer and seller over about ten years. Sometimes I didn't get what I'd
hoped for selling an item. Other times I got several times more than I
expected. I'm not in it to make money, even if I sometimes do. I can't
picture someone able to get rid of junk from their garage or attic on eBay
and then whining about the fees they charge. Maybe they shoulda held a
yard sale and hoped for a customer or two.

Bruce

Maybe they should have held a yard sale?
lol I thought thats who they market too?
So when they sell cheap to people like you and then end up losing selling
cheap ( after all its not junk you want) and getting large fees, they
should celebrate? On top of this thousands of links to make you believe you
just landed in utopia city without anyone really to help . Ebay use to be
ok, the fees are outrageous and sellers who sell with hundreds of complaints
( I don't cares if they sell thousands of items to ghosts) are enough
warning for anyone who is sane to avoid. . Most of all ebay fees are
outrageous

Old April 7th 07, 12:13 PM posted to alt.anti-ebay,alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting
Tony Cooper

On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 23:37:56 -0500, Mr. Clean
wrote:

Hi. My name is Kim and I was a powerseller on eBay. My account was
canceled
for no apparent reason give,

Chances are you have been found quilty without a trial of breaking one
of Ebays rules.

how is one found quilty?

eBay patched a case together.
--

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL
Old April 7th 07, 02:03 PM posted to alt.anti-ebay,alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting
Mike[_2_]

"Kim" wrote in message
thlink.net...
Hi. My name is Kim and I was a powerseller on eBay. My account was
canceled for no apparent reason give, then an eBay representative wrote to
me and instructed me to fax certain documentation in then my account would
be reinstated. I did so but my account was not reinstated. Now I have no
income and it is due to eBay's unfair policies and business practices.
They cancel your account and don't even explain why --- meanwhile I have
lost, no doubt just like many others and owe Fed Ex fees, DHL fees which
are due at the end of the month--of which I could have paid had my bids
and account not been canceled. They, eBay gave no reason why but just
exerted their "No ask..no tell why your account is being suspended".

Also, when I click on the above link to see a "printable copy" of the
lawsuit, a blank screen comes up. I would like to see a copy of that
lawsuit.

I have also been contacted by at least 9 - 10 others who need an attorney
along with myself, to sue eBay for the unfair business practices. I was
referred to Suzanna Gal from the San Jose District Attorney's Office, but
only after sending all my relevant paperwork and evidence to her, did she
not even respond and has done absolutely nothing on the case. She is a
foreigner and I have trouble understanding her English. I have nothing
against foreigners but I simply cannot understand her...only that she did
nothing on my case as well as many others, and she closed the case not
explaining to me what she did at all on my case. She only said "I cannot
force eBay into mediation"??? I wanted to see her office take much needed
prosecution and swift, harsh legal action against eBay..What a total waste
of time her office was. I even wrote to her supervisor and he sent me a
dear-john letter....nothing was ever done on my case. These people from
the DA's office are just as lazy and illegal in their conduct as eBay is.

We---myself and at least 10 others need a great attorney in that area or
whomever in the correction jurisdication has the know-how and much needed
follow-thru to sue eBay.

They have hurt me and damaged me for the last time! I have outstanding
bills and monetary obligations and I was doing great on eBay.

The other matter regarding eBay's outrageous feedback & shill-bidding
policies need to be filed within this same lawsuit.

Someone contact me for serious legal action against eBay. We (all 10 of
us) need a diligent, ethical attorney who will give eBay what they need
most---a kick in their legally constipated ass!

Kim

(541) 705-2856

Why do they suspend accounts there must be a reason for it?

Old April 7th 07, 02:05 PM posted to alt.anti-ebay,alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting
Mike[_2_]

"Jim R" wrote in message
On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 08:43:21 -0400, "Bruce Remick"
wrote:

Life is often unfair. The thing called eBay is not a God-given right
bestowed upon people who have chosen to use it to make money for
themselves.
People who have woven their financial existance around eBay should recall
what life was like for them BE. How did they manage to earn a living?
If
you want to use eBay, you've gotta play by their rules and accept their
whims-- agree with them or not.

Oh, CRAP! Companies who treat their customers without due care for
their welfare, or treat them like **** (like eBay does) are fair game
for anyone who can sue them for as much as they can. Good luck to
them!

(I speak as someone who has just had all my ebay items removed by
eBay.co.uk, with no explanantion or notification - and as far as I can
see they didn't breach any of eBay's terms and conditions).

Jim R

I don't buy or sell on eBay. eBayt is a profit making business and I'm at a
loss as to why they would randomly boot off customers they make money from.
There HAS to be a reson for this behavior. What is it?

Old April 7th 07, 02:13 PM posted to alt.anti-ebay,alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting
PC[_3_]

"Mr. Clean" wrote in message
On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 18:12:57 +0100, Jim R
spake thusly:

Jim R

i think Jim R is the OP's sock puppet, and should be killfiled
accordingly.

this is the word of the lord.

I am pretty sure I have seen Jim R post to RCC before.

Old April 7th 07, 02:13 PM posted to alt.anti-ebay,alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting
Bruce Remick

"Roberto Pirezzi" wrote in message

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message

"nofeestillyoulose" wrote in message
news4yRh.216$Lm.63@trndny05...
ebay is a maze that gives someone something to do. Its like they set up
a puzzle and intrique you to lose your money with tens of ways of doing
it. yes you can get some decent buys but lets bet you eventually see
this as a money losing obessision.. Count yourself lucky they helped you
leave.
If your worried about some fees. your not probably doing so great as
power seller.

If one can occasionally get some decent buys on eBay, how does a buyer
end up losing money?

By buying 1 item from 1 seller dirt cheap, and a 2nd from another seller,
about on the money. Only 1 turns up, therefore buyer loses money lol

I never buy or bid on anything at a price I'm not satisfiedd with. Never
had an item I won not show up. Lucky maybe?

If someone sets up a business that is dependant on
auctioning their goods on eBay, and they lose money, they either have
crappy products that people don't want, or they set their starting bids
near retail which scared potential bidders off.

Or they may not make their listings appealing. I know a friend who had a
load of unwanted gifts he was selling, and didn't attract a single bid
worth anywhere near a reasonable price.

Happens all the time. But then all your friend lost was some listing fees.
He might have hit paydirt selling the stuff he otherwise didn't want.

I've never lost money as a buyer and
seller over about ten years.

It's easier to lose money as a buyer. Losses are instant.

Like I've said, I never lost money as a buyer. I paid what I wanted to.

With selling, losses are cumulative over periods of time - i.e if you make
a loss selling 5 items on Monday, but sell 20 items at higher profit on
Tuesday, by Wednesay, overall, you have profited.

You seem to be describing someone who depends on using eBay for their
business. I'm thinking more of people who sell collectibles, junk, misc.
stuff on eBay. I don't put collectible items up for auction without first
researching to see what similar items usually bring. If the prices are
attractive, I might put my stuff up. I always make a modest profit, and
sometimes a large one. Business people who rely on eBay have to contend
with lots of variables, not the least of which are competition and lack of
interest-- same as they would in a shop.

Out of say, 1000 items, it is fine to lose on some, if they help make a
gain on others. (repeat business, browsers - impulse buyers etc). High
feedback scores are dependant on selling by VOLUME (and psychologically,
people will pay more if there is a lot of business going through one
user).

Sometimes I didn't get what I'd hoped for
selling an item. Other times I got several times more than I expected.
I'm not in it to make money, even if I sometimes do.

If you're not in it for the money, then you can't have any expectation
what you will get for items.

You sure can if you do some research. I'm in it to get the going value for
whatever I'm selling, coins or otherwise. Any profit is a bonus. I usually
get what my research tells me to expect. I usually plan to use that money
for something else, often something I see on eBay.

Which class of person is in it for the money:

A) eBay Sellers.

B) People who give their items away to charity shops

What's your point here? Some people like to take a crack at selling stuff
on eBay they might otherwise throw away. Sometimes what they make is a
jaw-dropping surprise. Other people may give their stuff to charity shops
and will keep an itemized list in order to take a tax deduction. Still
others just give their stuff to charity to be done with it. The choices
are always there.

I can't picture someone
able to get rid of junk from their garage or attic on eBay and then
whining about the fees they charge. Maybe they shoulda held a yard sale
and hoped for a customer or two.

Bruce

You only whine when things don't sell at all. It's like someone winning
the lottery jackpot, then moaning and groaning about the price of the
ticket. Pointless.

Anyone attempting to sell their garage or attic junk on eBay is gambling on
a surprise result. Someone who buys a lottery jackpot ticket and doesn't
win doesn't usually whine either. He expected to lose in the first place.
A win would have been a bonus surprise. The junk seller usually feels the
same way. No big deal if their junk didn't bring much or anything on eBay.
They were going to dump it anyway.

Bruce

Old April 7th 07, 02:24 PM posted to alt.anti-ebay,alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting
Bruce Remick

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message

"nofeestillyoulose" wrote in message
news4yRh.216$Lm.63@trndny05...
ebay is a maze that gives someone something to do. Its like they set up
a puzzle and intrique you to lose your money with tens of ways of doing
it. yes you can get some decent buys but lets bet you eventually see
this as a money losing obessision.. Count yourself lucky they helped you
leave.
If your worried about some fees. your not probably doing so great as
power seller.

If one can occasionally get some decent buys on eBay, how does a buyer
end up losing money? If someone sets up a business that is dependant on
[...]

So you think it's outrageous to pay forty cents to have your auction item
listed on eBay exposed to millions of people all over the world, complete
with color photos and paragraphs of description? And then pay eBay a few %
commission for the opportunity? How much would your local paper charge for
an ad like that? And how many interested buyers walk by your yard sale?

I don't buy junk on eBay. I've sold some though. Stuff I was going to
throw away. Like found money, and a fun experience, too. If you couldn't
stop yourself from buying stuff from wacko sellers like you describe, you
should have learned a lesson before having to shoot yourself in the foot
while doing so. And if you are a buyer, you pay no fees.

Bruce