"PM, Made in Germany" porcelain, mde by?

Old December 19th 03, 07:25 PM
Jme

Default "PM, Made in Germany" porcelain, mde by?

Can someone please tell me who makes porcelain plates with a small crown
logo, under that the letters "PM", and the words "Made in Germany"? This
particular plate has a number under all of that, a large 2

Thanks for the info.

Old December 19th 03, 07:42 PM
Kris Baker

"Jme" wrote in message
om...
Can someone please tell me who makes porcelain plates
with a small crown logo, under that the letters "PM",
and the words "Made in Germany"? This
particular plate has a number under all of that, a large 2

Thanks for the info.

Nothing in my "marks book" comes close to that
description (Kovel's, 1986). There are two "PM"
marks, but they consist solely of block letters and
no other decoration.

Kris

Old December 19th 03, 09:59 PM
Jme

Here are lnks to images. I hope this helps, but even if not, thanks for
trying.

http://bvstuff.moltenimages.net/images/000_1296.jpg
http://bvstuff.moltenimages.net/images/000_1297.jpg
http://bvstuff.moltenimages.net/images/000_1297a.jpg

"Kris Baker" wrote in message
m...

om...

Old December 19th 03, 10:39 PM
Kris Baker

"Jme" wrote in message
om...

"Kris Baker" wrote in message
m...

"Jme" wrote in message
om...
Can someone please tell me who makes porcelain plates
with a small crown logo, under that the letters "PM",
and the words "Made in Germany"? This
particular plate has a number under all of that, a large 2

Thanks for the info.

Nothing in my "marks book" comes close to that
description (Kovel's, 1986). There are two "PM"
marks, but they consist solely of block letters and
no other decoration.

Kris

Here are lnks to images. I hope this helps, but even if not, thanks for
trying.

http://bvstuff.moltenimages.net/images/000_1296.jpg
http://bvstuff.moltenimages.net/images/000_1297.jpg
http://bvstuff.moltenimages.net/images/000_1297a.jpg

Well...we know they're not antique, and likely from the late
1940s or early 1950s (style, foil tag saying Germany East
added to the stamped mark, etc).

It's not a plate, but a decorative wall plaque. The center
design is a decal; the black glaze and gold would have
been (most likely) applied as "cold paint" after the piece
was fired.

Kris

Old December 20th 03, 10:32 PM
Jme

Thanks for the feedback. You're a great knowledge bank. May I ask, is there
a place on the web that I can turn to for researching this type of item? I
would probably still need to know what to look for, but I really want to
learn.

Thanks.

"Kris Baker" wrote in message
m...

"Jme" wrote in message
om...

"Kris Baker" wrote in message
m...

om...

Old December 21st 03, 01:45 AM
Kris Baker

"Jme" wrote in message
om...
Thanks for the feedback. You're a great knowledge bank. May I ask, is

there
a place on the web that I can turn to for researching this type of item? I
would probably still need to know what to look for, but I really want to
learn.

Thanks.

Not really. Many people look through "that big auction site"
to find similar items, and there's been a few attempts to
put up web pages with mark/backstamp references....but
generally, your local big bookstore is the best place to
research.

Kris

Old December 21st 03, 02:50 AM
mimages

I have found one good book for markings on pewter items, but haven't looked
for this type of item.

I am curious, why do people not like to mention the name of "that big
auction site"? Is there a copyright or other legal concern?

"Kris Baker" wrote in message
m...

om...

Old March 17th 11, 10:28 PM
vipfinestdotcom vipfinestdotcom is offline
Junior Member

Default explore the book by baxter

hp address book manager synchronization vancouver book and magazine fair Len deighton internet book list children's book illustrations books by j a jance Phone book yellow pages deschutes river guide books avatar book 3 episodes bad zelda passage books download the book depositary Nostradamus lost book sony electronic book leather cover books assult on the liberty transformers book bag catholic prayer book avatar book 3 chapter 9 book binding types wood book ends traditional charts on the book of revelation all books necessary for cfp exam digital book printing arizona book keeping classes book genres rubber stamps books on apollo 13 Murgos big book of trading blank book report form joan johnston books Audio books and sacramento ca blue book volvo xc70 westinghouse substation breaker books david nesrallah face book kensington premium in line book holder Tale of two cities online book revell book publisher texas motorcycle roads book Flash book flip i robot book summary book store ellensburg washington books on audie murphy pocket size drug reference books Dollar value comic books gentle giants a book of newfoundlands pop-up book mechanisms national treasure book of secrets wikipedia 2009 book hound dvd how to punctuate book titles John marsden new books list of delisted amazon books army green book covers Teenrens book publishers book review seasonal free internet phone book books written by alma flor ada aunt lute books Stephen king free mp3 books fly tying books thich nhat hahn books endangered species books knoxville lifestyles discount book symbol frost graveyard book bell book and candle scrap book stickers western digital my book books about afro man catholic book shop perth western australia external antenna for mac book pro old books about english boxwoods refrigeration text book publishers Gourmet gifts from your kitchen book book list for john grisham first book burning Germany telephone book make photo books utah digital mercedes lackey books vince flynn books family christian books roseville Online used book selling fox sports digger coloring book wa state driving guide book Book display shelves child characters in dean koontz books los angeles book fair books by julie garwood list of dr seuss books Virgina lanier books tammy saris year book photo books written by terry c johnston book on line dr gene scott туры в китай

Last edited by vipfinestdotcom : March 18th 11 at 05:52 PM.