Press from the past 1.

Old April 11th 09, 11:10 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default Press from the past 1.

You were licking your lips during Christmas 1979
prices had doubled in 12 months.

http://cjoint.com/data/enbTqwHNK4.htm

West Australian 1979

Old April 12th 09, 09:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

Out of curiosity, I had a look at one dealer's selling prices in the
current (Australian) Stamp News. The prices, all in $A:
Native Animals $2.50
Non-Olympic: $1.50
UPU: $1.20 - $1.80 (according to perf)
'74 Xmas: $0.80
Education: $2.00
Environment: $0.60
Prime Ministers: $2.00
Science: $2.00
Telecom (perf not specified): $0.30
Famous Women: $3.50 - $4.50 (according to perf)
New Guinea: $0.90
'75 Xmas: $1.10

Ah, those were the days

Old April 12th 09, 10:05 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Interesting isn't it?
I somehow recall those times, even as a non collector,
That may be the time of Brian Burke's foray into spending
public money on philately.
As you get older, you seem to know these spikes will occur.

Who of us did not see the financial crash coming?
Prices of house were skyrocketing here,
I know it is Perth, the most desired place on the planet,
but we had the most expensive houses in the free world.
Something had to give.
My fingers were still smouldering from the 1987 housing crash.

Perhaps a stamp would be fitting to salute this current occurence,
IIRC Sea containers were selling in the Kimberleys here for $45,000
as emergency housing.
These are the days.

Old April 13th 09, 01:15 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

.......and Mr. Frank Manley cutting the die
for one of the series shown on the stamp album in that press cutting.

http://cjoint.com/data/eopZLFw2Gw.htm

Aust Post Office Philatelic Bulletin September 1974

"rodney"
You were licking your lips during Christmas 1979
prices had doubled in 12 months.

http://cjoint.com/data/enbTqwHNK4.htm

West Australian 1979

A few in the past few days Joe Autographs 0 November 5th 08 01:58 AM
Ink colours in the past. Gary Pens & Pencils 16 September 4th 04 12:24 PM
ASA-ACCUGRADE Past Phil Barnhart Coins 0 March 29th 04 09:42 PM
In the past Jorg Lueke Coins 4 January 6th 04 03:43 AM
RC lot, No RC collector can past this up -- John & Joanne Hockey 0 December 7th 03 07:39 PM