Parker roller ball pen adapter?

Old September 8th 08, 02:00 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Why Tea

Default Parker roller ball pen adapter?

This is my first post here.

I have a Parker roller ball pen. It seems that the refills mostly
come in medium, which I don't enjoy using. I could see the
fine roller ball refills on the Web, but not in the shops. I'd
much prefer using a ball point refill instead. I'm just wondering
if there is some kind of an adapter that allows a Parker roller
ball pen use a ballpoint refill?
Old September 8th 08, 05:38 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Michael Verderamo

Tea,

Several years ago I had a Parker FP that leaked and I could not find a
replacement section. I spoke with the service center in Janesville, WI,
and they sold me a "point housing" (part number 2571.680.210000) and a
"cartridge adapter" (part number 2571.580.21000). These parts allowed me
to use a standard Parker refill (I actually use the Gel refills--same
size). The parts were only $.50 each. These may work for you, too, and
they are not expensive, in case they don't.

Mike V

Old September 8th 08, 06:07 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
James[_3_]

Why Tea wrote:
This is my first post here.

I have a Parker roller ball pen. It seems that the refills mostly
come in medium, which I don't enjoy using. I could see the
fine roller ball refills on the Web, but not in the shops. I'd
much prefer using a ball point refill instead. I'm just wondering
if there is some kind of an adapter that allows a Parker roller
ball pen use a ballpoint refill?- Hide quoted text -

It depends on what kind of a Parker you are using for a rollerball.
The Parker 75, you can convert it to a ball pen refill by using the
black adapters, but other Parker models (Premier, Sonnet will not do
as the adapters affixed to the refill will not fit inside the cavity
of the Premier/Sonnet body.

James Goodwin
Old September 9th 08, 12:29 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Why Tea

Why Tea wrote:
This is my first post here.

I have a Parker roller ball pen. It seems that the refills mostly
come in medium, which I don't enjoy using. I could see the
fine roller ball refills on the Web, but not in the shops. I'd
much prefer using a ball point refill instead. I'm just wondering
if there is some kind of an adapter that allows a Parker roller
ball pen use a ballpoint refill?- Hide quoted text -

It depends on what kind of a Parker you are using for a rollerball.
The Parker 75, you can convert it to a ball pen refill by using the
black adapters, but other Parker models (Premier, Sonnet will not do
as the adapters affixed to the refill will not fit inside the cavity
of the Premier/Sonnet body.

James Goodwin

Hi James, I don't think it's a 75. It's all stainless steel and I
can hardly see any model number on the cap. It's made in UK.
I have another Parker FP that looks almost the same, but it's
made in France. In any case, where can I find these black
adapters?
Old September 9th 08, 04:06 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
[email protected]

Why Tea wrote:
[...]

You can try the old number I have for the Parker Service
Center--1-800-237-8736. They should be able to tell you if these
adapters will allow you to do what you want, or if you will have to
also by some other parts to make it work.

Mike