Australia Odd Joint Issue

Old March 8th 10, 01:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

Default Australia Odd Joint Issue

Australia has issued set of five Species At Risk stamps. These are a
common design with Norfolk Island issue. To be a bit different
Australia also issued a Souvenir Sheet containing five stamps, four of
which are Australia and one Norfolk Island. Can Norfolk Island stamps
be used on Aussie mail?
A joint issue collector like myself must collect both sets as well as
the SS to stay in the ballgame.

Ralph
Old March 8th 10, 01:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Of course Ralph,
Norfolk Island NSW
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postcod...al_territories

We brought this set up ages ago, on this NG
you must have missed it.
If you need any stamps, let us know.
HTH

Old March 8th 10, 02:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Oops, used Aust stamps till 1947
I was trying to get you Aust post Norfolk Island commentary
but they have moved it from their postage guide.
I had this previous post , I think from Gazza

Interesting to note that Norfolk Island stamps are NOT valid in Oz.
Norfolk Island is a self governing territory of Australia, not part of any
state but subject to the overall authority of the Commonwealth Government.
The limits of its self government are covered by Commonwealth statute.
The Norfolk Island Act
- gives an island administrator power of many functions including (Schedule
2 item 36) 'Postal Services'.
The Aus PO would not welcome Norfolk Island collecting the cash for postal
services in the rest of the country.
Hence the independence.

Old March 8th 10, 02:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

October 20th 2009

Hello Blair,
yes, it appears perhaps a little gossip has got out of hand,
but I can see where it has come from, (and this may interest Ralphael)
When I went Googling, I came across this topic on Stampboards
(and I do not know if this is someone yanking our legs)
but there appeared a curious Souvenir sheet of Australian stamps
together with a Norfolk Island (NI) stamp inclusive.
Why would Australian print and charge for a stamp that no one can use bar in NI?

The reply from aust post

Our Response
Unfortunately Norfolk Island stamps are not valid for postage in Australia. Should you have any queries in
relation to any of the above, please do not hesitate to call our Customer Contact Centre on 13 13 18.
Kind Regards,
Sarika Singh
Email Response Team
Australia Post
Ph: 13 13 18

Old March 8th 10, 06:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Gazza

Can Norfolk Island stamps...

Australia Post website

http://www.stamps.com.au/faqs-help#general22