In OZ, we start 'em young.

Old May 22nd 09, 01:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Default In OZ, we start 'em young.

(genuine article)

http://cjoint.com:80/data/fwo25k2Yhb.htm

Old May 23rd 09, 05:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Gazza

Silly as a two bob watch was what immediately came to mind.

Old May 23rd 09, 09:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

Get away - I'm wearing mine now

Old May 23rd 09, 09:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Oh my goodness, Tony. That was a good one

"Asia-translation"
Get away - I'm wearing mine now

Old May 24th 09, 12:57 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Curiously, the set, to which the two bob stamp is part of,
received the same critique, when mooted.

Old May 24th 09, 01:02 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

We have received complaints from Made (pronounced Mah Day) from Bali
regarding your response.
http://cjoint.com/data/fycaWSIQi5.htm

Old May 24th 09, 04:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Gazza

We have received complaints from Made (pronounced Mah Day) from Bali
regarding your response.

What a hoot -

Does anyone outside Autralasia know what we are talking about?

Old May 24th 09, 09:51 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Probably not, and that would include modern Australia.
I often drop Australianisms when talking to my son
and they fly well over his head, when explained he judges them as "lame"
We have to except we are from a different time,
and let them get on with it.
I wouldn't want to be a youth right now.

Old May 25th 09, 08:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

Lock your son & heir up in the dunny with a copy of the Sentimental
Bloke, and don't let him out until he's memorised it, I say.

Tony, Last of the Two Bob Millionaires

Old May 25th 09, 02:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Gazza

"Asia-translation"
Lock your son & heir up in the dunny with a copy of the Sentimental
Bloke, and don't let him out until he's memorised it, I say.

Tony, Last of the Two Bob Millionaires

Lock your son & heir up in the dunny with a copy of the Sentimental
Bloke, and don't let him out until he's memorised it, I say.

Tony, Last of the Two Bob Millionaires

Cant find my copy - maybe one of my son'a swiped it - still its on the net
these days.

Getting closer to being on topic

A Letter To The Front
I 'ave written Mick a letter in reply to one uv 'is,
Where 'e arsts 'ow things is goin' where the gums an wattles is.
So I tries to buck 'im up a bit; to go fer Abdul's fez;
An' I ain't no nob at itrachure; but this is wot I sez:

C J Dennis

http://oldpoetry.com/opoem/30411-C-J...r-To-The-Front