quick note on inks

Old August 31st 04, 11:03 PM
Scaupaug1

Default quick note on inks

A set of tests including ball pens and sharpies... Note Noodler's black is 100%
water based ink - fill a pelikan or other visuated chamber pen and rinse it out
hundreds of times before your own eyes - see how clean it is....yet watch what
happens once the ink dries on cellulose papers!

http://members.aol.com/scaupaug1/ETERNITY/1testPAGE.jpg

I'll return to the group before the year is out (fingers crossed). Best wishes
to you all,
Nathan
Old September 1st 04, 02:44 AM
Free Citizen

Simply amazing!

I am not at all surprised that BP ink is almost dissolved by the hydroxyl
group. It is after all, oil based. But I am surprised that the Aurora Black
stood quite well against this group of solvents. But your Noodler Black is
just unbelievable. I have to ask my regular mail shop to stock them.

--
Best regards,
Free Citizen

Old September 1st 04, 05:48 AM
Viseguy

nky (Scaupaug1) wrote...
A set of tests including ball pens and sharpies... Note Noodler's black is 100%
water based ink - fill a pelikan or other visuated chamber pen and rinse it out
hundreds of times before your own eyes - see how clean it is....yet watch what
happens once the ink dries on cellulose papers!

http://members.aol.com/scaupaug1/ETERNITY/1testPAGE.jpg

Mighty impressive. One thing I'll say about Noodler's fraud-proof
inks (black and contract blue): Notwithstanding their "eternal"
qualities on paper, I've never had a moment's trouble washing these
inks out of any pen, new or old. In my experience, they flush out
more quickly and easily than other, comparably saturated (and
non-waterproof) inks. So you get the best of both worlds: permanence
on paper and a very welcome IMpermanence in and on pens, counter tops,
hands, etc.

--
Viseguy
Old September 1st 04, 08:35 AM
Free Citizen

I have always wondered how that works. It doesn't stain your pen but is
waterproof on paper.

--
Best regards,
Free Citizen

"Viseguy" wrote in message
om...

[snip]

Old September 1st 04, 09:27 AM
Dave

Free Citizen wrote:

I have always wondered how that works. It doesn't stain your pen but is
waterproof on paper.

It's because it reacts with paper fibers but not with other things.
Whatever chemicals are in the ink, they don't work till they soak into
paper. Nathan seems to have made a brilliant discovery! (Or else he's
made brilliant use of someone else's discovery.)

David
Old September 1st 04, 01:58 PM
Andy Dingley

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 08:27:10 GMT, Dave wrote:

Nathan seems to have made a brilliant discovery! (Or else he's
made brilliant use of someone else's discovery.)

I think HP hold a patent on this - the old square deskjets introduced
it around 1990.

--
Smert' spamionam
Old September 2nd 04, 01:37 AM
Free Citizen

I pretty much doubt hp would divulge this proprietary technology to anyone
else.

--
Best regards,
Free Citizen

Old September 2nd 04, 01:55 AM
Dave

Free Citizen wrote:

I pretty much doubt hp would divulge this proprietary technology to anyone
else.

I assume that anybody with the right equipment could analyze HP's
printer ink and find out what's in it that makes it act the way it does.
Or am I way off base with that?

Old September 2nd 04, 06:31 AM
Free Citizen

Nope, but that would be reverse engineering. If the formula is copied then
it is a patent infringement that may result in a law suit.

--
Best regards,
Free Citizen

Old September 2nd 04, 07:28 AM
Dave

In article ,
"Free Citizen" wrote:

Nope, but that would be reverse engineering. If the formula is copied then
it is a patent infringement that may result in a law suit.

I don't doubt that. I just meant that whether or not HP divulges the
formula is almost a moot point, since people can find out anyway.

David

inks down the sink mz Pens & Pencils 21 July 25th 04 07:24 PM
comparing inks JP Pens & Pencils 3 June 10th 04 12:44 AM
Just A Reminder To New Alt.Collecting.8-Track-Tapes Group Members Daniel & Kathy Gibson 8 Track Tapes 7 May 17th 04 12:06 PM
Just A Reminder To New Alt.Collecting.8-Track-Tapes Group Members Daniel & Kathy Gibson 8 Track Tapes 11 April 26th 04 12:52 PM
Archival gel ink for my Sensa Stylist? Mike Shea Pens & Pencils 4 November 7th 03 01:27 PM