[META] RCSD - Statistics

Old July 7th 10, 08:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Lloyd A. de Vries

Default [META] RCSD - Statistics

On 7/3/10 7:04 PM, Victor Manta wrote:

I wanted to post on The Virtual Stamp Club a message about the RCSD, its
long history and its advantages but I haven't found a way to do it
without registering. I don't like passwords (that I forget all the time)
and don't want to give my Birth Year, my Gender and a part of my Address
either. Can I do it without passwords & registering, and also be sure
that I won't be moderated, like it is the case on this NG?

No, you have to register in order to post a message. However,
DelphiForums is very good about privacy; even a forum moderator can't
see a person's real name or complete e-mail address (unless that person
chooses to make it public, such as if you chose a User ID like "Victor
Manta" or registered using an e-mail address that ended with
")

I use license plates for passwords sometimes. Then, if I forget them, I
can go out to the driveway and look.

As for "be sure that I won't be moderated," you mean edited? Virtual
Stamp Club policy is that we rarely edit messages, and if we do, we tell
you why. Usually it's to correct a URL that doesn't work, or because
someone posted an entire newspaper article, which could get us in
trouble with the Copyright Police.

We do delete inappropriate messages. That doesn't happen often on
philatelic subjects, but we don't think anyone wants to read about Gas
Cards, Free iPads, and other crap. A full list of our rules can be found
at http://forums.delphiforums.com/stamps/start