Cook Islands ~ the very beautiful 1932 set.

Old May 12th 09, 04:30 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default Cook Islands ~ the very beautiful 1932 set.

If anyone has a really nice scanned image of the 1d Cook centre invert,
it would be appreciated.

http://cjoint.com/data/fmfAPLOqpu.htm

Thanks.

Old May 12th 09, 05:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On May 11, 11:30*pm, "rodney" wrote:
If anyone has a really nice scanned image of the 1d *Cook centre invert,
it would be appreciated.

http://cjoint.com/data/fmfAPLOqpu.htm

Thanks.

Not yet. but here is the 2 1/2d invert.
http://www.shieldsstamps.com.au/pics/zzc408.jpg

Blair
Old May 12th 09, 05:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On May 11, 11:30*pm, "rodney" wrote:
If anyone has a really nice scanned image of the 1d *Cook centre invert,
it would be appreciated.

http://cjoint.com/data/fmfAPLOqpu.htm

Thanks.

.... and here is the 1/2d inverted centre.
http://www.davidfeldman.com/lots/pho...1/091T0130.jpg

Old May 12th 09, 06:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On May 11, 11:30*pm, "rodney" wrote:
If anyone has a really nice scanned image of the 1d *Cook centre invert,
it would be appreciated.

http://cjoint.com/data/fmfAPLOqpu.htm

Thanks.

Did I mention the 2d invert?
http://www.sandafayre.com/Gallery/images/557.jpg

Old May 12th 09, 10:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Goodygumbo,
that makes this stamp, possibly the stamp with the most errors on the
planet.

Old May 12th 09, 10:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

No, you did not mention that one

However, here is the 1d invert Mr. Stan Fairchild prepared earlier.

Can you spot the error Stan Made?

http://cjoint.com/data/fmxDx8JM3p.htm

Old May 12th 09, 10:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Checking my "inverts" folder,
I had the 2.5d invert.

I also noticed the 1 shilling Rarotonga invert and the 2.5d Niue invert

Being as they are the Cook Islands, something sure smells fishy, don't you
think?

Old May 13th 09, 11:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

On May 13, 7:28 am, "rodney" wrote:
Goodygumbo,
that makes this stamp, possibly the stamp with the most errors on the
planet.

Rodney, are you forgetting about, for example, Travancore-Cochin SG
O10?

Tony of the Antipathies

Old May 13th 09, 12:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Well I wouldn't be forgetting the stamp, Tony
I have the perforated issue tattooed on my left bicep.
Travancore? Error? I can't see that happening,
You have to visit the Barwani's for misteaks and errors.

I shall however, browse Gibbons when I leave you here.

"Asia-translation"

Old May 13th 09, 12:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Tony,
SGO10 had the odd error, admittedly
but the Cook Islands issue had the most errors on the one stamp as issued.
(around 8 errors on that one IIRC)
Rodney