Fakes and Terrorism (Again)

Old May 29th 05, 04:26 AM
Anka

Jeff R wrote:

http://mendosus.com/****i.html
http://mendosus.com/glomthis.html
http://mendosus.com/clueless.html
http://mendosus.com/reidisms.html
http://mendosus.com/anagrams.html

Ahhhh, yes... It's like reading and rereading a treasured book or
watching a favorite movie over and over again and never tiring of it.

Thanks, Jeff.

;-)

~Anka

Old May 29th 05, 05:36 PM
Edward McGrath

Jeff, I can't believe you're so obsessed with Reid you'd create a site
just to start a ****y flame war. Jeff, why did you put Reid in a red
dress?

Old May 29th 05, 06:57 PM
Bob Peterson

perhaps Reid looks good in red?

Old May 29th 05, 08:58 PM
Reid Goldsborough

On Sun, 29 May 2005 12:36:28 -0400, (Edward
McGrath) wrote:

Jeff, I can't believe you're so obsessed with Reid you'd create a site
just to start a ****y flame war. Jeff, why did you put Reid in a red
dress?

Obsessed is the right word. You have to wonder what kind of life this
person Jeff lives, to spend all this time trying to ridicule me with
his various Web pages. Boggles the mind, really. There's an old
proverb: Ridicule is the first and last argument of fools. It's a good
proverb. If you can't debate substantively, you try to ridicule. Anka
can't debate substantively when she disagrees with you, so she falls
back on innuendo and sarcasm. DeMayo has done in a smaller way what
Jeff does, extending Usenet flamewars with Web graffiti.

If you have no life, you go beyond Usenet flamejunk and put up page
after Web page with all these flame graphics and animations. This Jeff
person used to call himself something like "Still Cranky" or some such
through his email address. It's funny, in one sense. I look at his
pages and laugh. But it's sad, in another sense, that there are people
like this, obsessed with flamejunk like this, with the online world
having a disproportionate share of them, attracting people like this
through its relative anonymity.

--

Email:
(delete "remove this")

Consumer:
http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Connoisseur: http://rg.ancients.info/glom
Counterfeit: http://rg.ancients.info/bogos
Old May 29th 05, 10:08 PM
Phil DeMayo

On Sun, 29 May 2005 15:58:26 -0400, Reid Goldsborough
wrote:

There's an old proverb: Ridicule is the first and last argument of fools. It's a good
proverb. If you can't debate substantively, you try to ridicule.

Just archiving this one for future reference....absolutely priceless
monkey boy.

DeMayo has done in a smaller way what
Jeff does, extending Usenet flamewars with Web graffiti.

Hey, all I did was use a graphic to portray the truth. I copied your
headshot four times inserting your name under one copy and the names
of your "pseudonyms" under the other three. Of course, we now all know
that I was a few copies short of the actual truth.

It's funny, in one sense. I look at his [Jeff's] pages and laugh.

I laughed so hard when I saw the "glomthis" that I think I peed a
little. Not only was it incredibly funny, but it accurately portrayed
your online behavior.
Old May 30th 05, 01:08 AM
Anka

Reid Goldsborough wrote:
Anka
can't debate substantively when she disagrees with you, so she falls
back on innuendo and sarcasm

How's this for INNUENDO, Reid? Cram it.

~Anka

Old May 30th 05, 07:19 AM
Reid Goldsborough

On Sun, 29 May 2005 17:59:19 GMT, "Nick Knight"
wrote:

Believe it. Jeff is one of a small group of super morons here. He's not

If you get past this inanity and the irrationality about "Fakes and
Terrorism," knockoff DVDs and handbags, there are some interesting
issues worth exploring regarding coinage. I've been having fun
building Web pages about Alexander the Great copies (ancient
imitations, ancient counterfeits, modern replicas, modern forgeries,
modern fantasies, and modern medals based on the ancient motifs), as
part of a larger site about Alexander coinage. Right now there are (at
least) four major ongoing forgery scams involving Alexander and other
ancient coins operating on eBay. I haven't been following U.S. coins
closely as I have in the past so don't know if the crooks are as
active online with them.

Old May 30th 05, 07:21 AM
Reid Goldsborough

On 29 May 2005 17:08:34 -0700, "Anka" wrote:

How's this for INNUENDO, Reid? Cram it.

You get more and more clever with every passing day! At least you
didn't conclude your witty repartee with a clutch of exclamation
points!!! Here's something serious you might chew on: If you don't
want antagonism, don't give it, whether through sarcasm, innuendo, or
anyway else. I'd be very, very happy not to respond any more to this,
from you or anybody. I understand, though, the inevitability of it.
It's can be a heavy burden having the coolest coins in the world.
Well, at least the coolest in my house, anyway. Next to my kids', that
is.