WTF is the deal with the scam group?

Old August 5th 03, 12:08 AM
Linda

Sorry about the HTML. I have done *everything* anybody said to fix it.
Sigh.

I disagree with you on this, though. IF the group has the "truth" about
these scammers, then why do they fear the scammers so much they won't let
them post their nonsense?

From: "Linda"

All I'm saying is that anybody who has the =*truth*,=20 the
facts, has nothing to fear from any liar.

You are forgetting the context. The list is to specifically discuss
business
transactions gone bad. The usual timing of such is that the liar isn't
exposed
until after the money has changed hands. Timing is the paramount issue.

You are also still posting in html. I could live with the top posting, but
the
html is getting old.

--
mark

Old August 5th 03, 12:09 AM
Linda

I think I'll just pass on it. I don't want to be a member of any group that can't stand the light of day, a full airing of both sides, doesn't have any backbone. Sorry. (No fight here, truly, just saying how I feel about it).

Old August 5th 03, 08:54 PM
Ric Burney

After reading this entire thread, I would like to try to go in a new
direction here... When you filled out the 'application', what type of
information did they ask of you? Did they want any sensative info
such as ebay name and password? How old exactly is the group? How
many members? Who set it up originally?
It was just a little voice inside me wondering if the group (and it's
seemly intrusive and detailed application) wasn't just simply a way to
harvest information on well-intentioned folks for other purposes.
Just thinking out loud here.

"Linda" wrote in message om...
Somebody posted a message here the other day (please forgive me not
remembering your name because I really don't know everyone here, yet) about
a (what I thought was a "new") Delphi group, Be_Aware_of_Bad_Traders, that
is for identifying scammers on ebay. Well, I tried to join and got a
message that my application would be "reviewed" (by whom, for what?) at some
point in the future and then I could access the group. Geeze, Louise. I
think this group is just TOO anal-retentive for me. I KNOW we (coin
collectors) tend to be this way, but for crying out loud, for a mailing
list? I think it is pretty weird.

Old August 6th 03, 06:21 AM
Linda

Name, address, birthdate, email, things like that, which even though
innocuous enough, seemed pretty danged intrusive for a mailing list, to me,
but I'm an old fidonet person.

om...

Old August 6th 03, 11:53 PM
Linda

Apples/oranges. Yahoo is an html mail server that doesn't screen squat or
have a committee to review whatever you give them to "keep out
undesirables." If you have ANY doubt about that, just search a few profiles
and have a gander.

From: "Linda"

Name, address, birthdate, email, things like that, which even though
innocuous enough, seemed pretty danged intrusive for a mailing list, to

me,
but I'm an old fidonet person.

If you are, it certainly does not show.

All that information was requested by yahoo. They ask for that anytime you
sign-up for any of their services.

--
mark