FA: Another miserable half dime auction (MINE!)

Old February 4th 05, 02:05 AM
Wes Chormicle

Default FA: Another miserable half dime auction (MINE!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

I knew I could find a coin in the junk box to auction. A nice XF 1863 S,
list value $200...... But.....

---

Old February 4th 05, 04:21 AM
John Ahnen

"Wes Chormicle" wrote in message
ink.net...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

I knew I could find a coin in the junk box to auction. A nice XF 1863 S,
list value $200...... But.....

---

At least the holes are symetrical and neat. They appear to be almost
exactly 180 degrees from each other... I'd bid, but I'm on somewhat of a
sabbatical from buying until my auctions close.

John
(wants more than he can afford)

Old February 4th 05, 02:36 PM
Eric Babula

"John Ahnen" wrote in
nk.net:

John
(wants more than he can afford)

Join the crowd - wanting more than we can afford!!!

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention
of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body.
But rather, it’s to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,
totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a ride!!!'

Old February 4th 05, 07:49 PM

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 01:05:47 GMT, "Wes Chormicle"

I knew I could find a coin in the junk box to auction. A nice XF 1863 S,
list value $200...... But.....

"$200 list price in XF. Very rare, probably the ONLY XF 1863 Half Dime
with two holes! Don't let this rarity slip away!"... those on rcc
know that this is obviously intended as tongue-in-cheek hype... but to
ignorants on eBay who are so easily swayed by real hype into paying
ridiculous prices for relative junk, all hype is the same... right?

Chuck
Old February 4th 05, 08:46 PM
Bob Flaminio

Wes Chormicle wrote:

I knew I could find a coin in the junk box to auction. A nice XF
1863 S, list value $200...... But.....

Looks like someone made it into a nice button. If memory serves, around
that time in San Francisco (from where the half dime was born), prices
were skyrocketing due to the influx of all the gold. I wonder if it cost
more than 5c to *buy* a button. If so, the maker was quite clever.

--
Bob