Update on an FPN Idiot's Thoughts on Baystate Blue!

Old May 19th 08, 04:14 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

Default Update on an FPN Idiot's Thoughts on Baystate Blue!

The last time we heard anything about the FPN idiot SamCapote in this
forum, he was whing about Baystate Blue "permanently" staining his
bathroom sink, though in the next sentence he typed that he had gotten
rid of the permanent stain with a lot of elbow grease and then he
tried to remove the stain from his yellow Safari with rubbing alcohol,
but to no avail. He whined to Swisher's and those idiots replaced the
pen for him--Swisher's is where I usually get my ink, but my next
order is going to be from Pendemonium because I don't believe the
people at Pendemonium would be stupid enough to give some dip**** like
SamCapote the time of day.

But now SamCapote has a half dozen bottles of Baystate BlueL

[begin quote]
The Pelikano is an inexpensive pen, and IMHO, BSB is a stunning color
worthy of having a dedicated pen to enjoy it...which is why I have
ordered 6 bottles of BSB to date.
[end quote]

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/fo...howtopic=62791

He apparently uses the ink in only one pen, and then he said earlier
in the post that he sometimes doesn't use that pen for weeks, so I
guess that's a lifetime supply for SamCapote, or, perhaps a few
lifetimes.

Having some extra Baystate Blue around might not be such a bad idea.
If Penman Sapphire sells for $25 a bottle on eBay, think what Baystate
Blue would go for if Nathan keeled over.
Old May 19th 08, 09:57 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

"The Drunken Lord" wrote in message

...Baystate Blue...
gotten...
rid of the permanent stain with a lot of elbow grease...

I found that it does like to stick, but rubbing a cake of soap on it helps
it rinse right off. No elbow grease required.

He whined to Swisher's...

Probably the reason why Swisher's website has a warning that inks are to be
used at own risk and they'll not replace any pens that get stained.

[begin quote]
The Pelikano is an inexpensive pen, and IMHO, BSB is a stunning color
worthy of having a dedicated pen to enjoy it...which is why I have
ordered 6 bottles of BSB to date.
[end quote]

Interesting turn-around. I filled a Kaweco Sport Ice ED with it and am
enjoying watching the level of ink decrease through the clear plastic that
isn't being ruined by staining.

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/fo...howtopic=62791

What I want to know is why is Mario soaking pens in an ammonia solution for
3-5 days. Am I missing something? I've heard of ultrasonic cleaning and that
it's okay for pens, and of a couple of drops of dishwashing detergent to
clean off manufacturing oils for balky new pens, but Nathan said to use
plain water or distilled water to clear out the bulletproof inks which is
all I ever do with any of my pens, anyway.

Having some extra Baystate Blue around might not be such a bad idea.
If Penman Sapphire sells for $25 a bottle on eBay, think what Baystate
Blue would go for if Nathan keeled over.

First, we collect pens. Next, we collect ink. Then, we hoard ink.

Yup, you may be right.

--
~~Bluesea~~
Spam is great in musubi, but not in email.

Old May 20th 08, 04:31 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

On Mon, 19 May 2008 15:57:37 -0500, "Bluesea"
wrote:

"The Drunken Lord" wrote in message
.. .

...Baystate Blue...
gotten...
rid of the permanent stain with a lot of elbow grease...

I found that it does like to stick, but rubbing a cake of soap on it helps
it rinse right off. No elbow grease required.

Clorox will get rid of it quick. I did have a stain on my stainless
steel sink, and it just disappeared when i poured some Clorox on it.

He whined to Swisher's...

Probably the reason why Swisher's website has a warning that inks are to be
used at own risk and they'll not replace any pens that get stained.

It's wild that Swisher's had to post that--but guess what? They do
business with FPN'ers. Sonofabitch, guess what? Ink can stain. It
can stain your ****en fingers too. Hell, that's why they use ink to
put tattoos on people.

It really ****ed me off that Swisher's caved in to that dip****. I
wish I had been at Swisher's and could have answered the phone when
that jackass called.

And I really am going to short Swisher's an order because of that.
Probably only one order though, because I've gotten good service from
Swisher's.

[begin quote]
The Pelikano is an inexpensive pen, and IMHO, BSB is a stunning color
worthy of having a dedicated pen to enjoy it...which is why I have
ordered 6 bottles of BSB to date.
[end quote]

Interesting turn-around. I filled a Kaweco Sport Ice ED with it and am
enjoying watching the level of ink decrease through the clear plastic that
isn't being ruined by staining.

You should do a post on that. Most of em seem to enjoy whining about
Baystate Blue so that would give them something to think about. Wait
a sec--I forgot: A lot of em can't think--a lot of FPN'ers still
believe Saddam still has weapons of mass destruction.

But there are some who recognize that Baystate Blue is the only ink
that is truly worth a **** that has come out in years. Damn, it's
probably Nathan's greatest accomplishment so far.

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/fo...howtopic=62791

What I want to know is why is Mario soaking pens in an ammonia solution for
3-5 days. Am I missing something? I've heard of ultrasonic cleaning and that
it's okay for pens, and of a couple of drops of dishwashing detergent to
clean off manufacturing oils for balky new pens, but Nathan said to use
plain water or distilled water to clear out the bulletproof inks which is
all I ever do with any of my pens, anyway.

Thanks for pointing that out about the 3 day ammonia bath. Somebody
should soak Mario for three days in an ammonia bath and see how he
likes it. I don't know what the effect could be, but it wouldn't
make him any dumber. I went back and read that post and laughed my
ass off. FPN can be better than the 3 Stooges.

Having some extra Baystate Blue around might not be such a bad idea.
If Penman Sapphire sells for $25 a bottle on eBay, think what Baystate
Blue would go for if Nathan keeled over.

First, we collect pens. Next, we collect ink. Then, we hoard ink.

Yup, you may be right.

Yeah, I'm thinking about putting a few bottles of Baystate on reserve.

Did you ever get the Diamine Orange?
Old May 20th 08, 06:02 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

wrote:

"The Drunken Lord" wrote in message
. ..

Probably only one order though, because I've gotten good service from
Swisher's.

I like their products, their prices, and their service. Besides, they're
already out a pen.

[begin quote]
The Pelikano is an inexpensive pen, and IMHO, BSB is a stunning color
worthy of having a dedicated pen to enjoy it...which is why I have
ordered 6 bottles of BSB to date.
[end quote]

Interesting turn-around. I filled a Kaweco Sport Ice ED with it and am
enjoying watching the level of ink decrease through the clear plastic that
isn't being ruined by staining.

You should do a post on that.

I've had Baystate Blue in three pens, so far. Two Kawecos, one an ED, and a
Prera. No problems.

But there are some who recognize that Baystate Blue is the only ink
that is truly worth a **** that has come out in years. Damn, it's
probably Nathan's greatest accomplishment so far.

I think his Black got that award already. After all, more people use it and
it was the first waterproof ink for fountain pens.

Did you ever get the Diamine Orange?

Yes, I included it with my other ink reviews that I was probably typing up
when you posted.

Old May 20th 08, 06:32 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Deirdre Saoirse Moen[_2_]

Bluesea wrote:

I've had Baystate Blue in three pens, so far. Two Kawecos, one an ED, and a
Prera. No problems.

I lived more boldly. I figured if it stained plastic, I might as well put
it in a metal pen with a coordinating lacquer, so I put it in my Montblanc
Starwalker in Cool Blue.

Did you ever get the Diamine Orange?

Yes, I included it with my other ink reviews that I was probably typing up
when you posted.

It's a pretty orange. I'll have to pick it up some day.

--
_Deirdre web: http://deirdre.net blog: http://dsmoen.livejournal.com/
"Memes are a hoax! Pass it on!"