Danish Perfin sold for 9,000 DKKr.

Old March 23rd 08, 01:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Toke Nørby

Default Danish Perfin sold for 9,000 DKKr.

Here is a fine perfin:

http://www.qxl.dk/accdb/viewItem.asp?IDI=532259948

I don't know if the price is the highest ever paid for a perfin?

What does

CCB
x Co

stand for? and in the Danish catalogue the text is just "Kontaktaftryk
af GB mærke"? which means that the catalogue has used a GB stamp as
illustration. But I can't find it in the Tomkin's catalogue?
--
Mvh Toke

http://www.norbyhus.dk/
Old March 23rd 08, 09:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Mar 23, 9:28 am, Toke Nørby wrote:
Here is a fine perfin:

http://www.qxl.dk/accdb/viewItem.asp?IDI=532259948

I don't know if the price is the highest ever paid for a perfin?

What does

CCB
x Co

stand for? and in the Danish catalogue the text is just "Kontaktaftryk
af GB mærke"? which means that the catalogue has used a GB stamp as
illustration. But I can't find it in the Tomkin's catalogue?
--
Mvh Toke

http://www.norbyhus.dk/

Hello Toke:

Circa 1881, C C B & Co was used for C. C. Bancroft and Company.

They were a Boston (USA) based merchant company that did
trade with India, the East, and possibly other places.

They were agents who had an office in Calcutta, India and I
would also expect in the UK.

The 1880-81 issue 2 1/2d GB stamp (plate 21) Scott 82, used,
showing perforated initials CCB & Co. was auctioned in 2006.
Start bid was $1 (catalogue $27.50). I do not know final price.
This is probably the same company.

I cannot speak for Denmark, but a major trading company
like this might very well have business ties to Denmark.

Blair

Old March 24th 08, 12:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

"Toke Nørby"
What does
CCB
x Co
stand for?

I went scuttling to my six pages of Danish Perfins,
alas! I must have the common old boring ones.
http://cjoint.com/data/dybtHniZIj.htm

As an aside, Ask Phil had a CCB for Charles C Brumm, Siderographer.
why would that be in Ask Phil?
Does his Initials appear on a stamp? essay? etc.

Old March 24th 08, 02:16 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Mar 23, 8:25 pm, "rodney" wrote:
"Toke Nørby"

What does
CCB
x Co
stand for?

I went scuttling to my six pages of Danish Perfins,
alas! I must have the common old boring ones.http://cjoint.com/data/dybtHniZIj.htm

As an aside, Ask Phil had a CCB for Charles C Brumm, Siderographer.
why would that be in Ask Phil?
Does his Initials appear on a stamp? essay? etc.

Rodney:

Your Charles C. Brumm, was an employee of the US Bureau of
Engraving and Printing from 1906-1928.

I'm not sure how he would be connected to a company perfin on a
Danish stamp that had been issued before he had even started
working for the American BEP.

Blair
Old March 24th 08, 03:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

"Blair (TC)"

Your Charles C. Brumm, was an employee of the US Bureau of
Engraving and Printing from 1906-1928.

I'm not sure how he would be connected to a company perfin on a
Danish stamp that had been issued before he had even started
working for the American BEP.

:0)
not suggesting it was connected.
I was wondering why he deserved a listing in ask phil.
His initials must appear on something.

Old March 24th 08, 07:32 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Toke Nørby

"Blair (TC)" wrote:

Hello Toke:

Circa 1881, C C B & Co was used for C. C. Bancroft and Company.

They were a Boston (USA) based merchant company that did
trade with India, the East, and possibly other places.

They were agents who had an office in Calcutta, India and I
would also expect in the UK.

The 1880-81 issue 2 1/2d GB stamp (plate 21) Scott 82, used,
showing perforated initials CCB & Co. was auctioned in 2006.
Start bid was $1 (catalogue $27.50). I do not know final price.
This is probably the same company.

I cannot speak for Denmark, but a major trading company
like this might very well have business ties to Denmark.

Blair

Thanks Blair - and Rodney. I forgot to mention that the cancel reads
181 which is a RPO on Sealand but with ending station in Copenhagen.
Maybe the company's agent had pre-perforated stamps with him. (A
situation we also see with a special Danish perfin brought to and used
on the Faroe Islands by the agent)
--
Mvh Toke

http://www.norbyhus.dk/

Denmark perfin Tony Vella General Discussion 4 June 28th 07 01:07 PM
The After Soak and CMB Perfin seen Smith General Discussion 5 January 5th 07 05:42 AM
Perfin Edwin Chan General Discussion 5 November 14th 05 01:09 PM
Perfin or Perfin Mites? Rodney General Discussion 14 February 28th 05 01:01 PM
Perfin Lovers Larry General Discussion 4 February 18th 05 10:05 AM