ROWE CD100 BILL ACCEPTOR NOT WORKING

Old March 6th 04, 04:40 PM
Spookshow

Default ROWE CD100 BILL ACCEPTOR NOT WORKING

I noticed that the bill acceptor on my Rowe CD100 doesn't work. I don't really use it (or even need it), but being an inveterate tinkerer I'd kind of like to fix it anyway.

The belts don't seem to have enough "grab" to pull a bill all the way through. It sucks it all the way in and then pushes it back out rather than passing it on to the bill stacker. If I pull the acceptor unit out and try to crank a bill through manually, it gets stuck at the end and the belts just slide on the bill. When testing with everything hooked up, the status light on the OBA control unit doesn't seem to be much help - I've seen it flash all six of the different error codes at various times.

I cleaned the V2 sensor with rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip and I cleaned all the belts with rubbing alcohol and a cotton cloth. I adjusted the lower belt tension to the tightest setting. I checked to make sure all of the screws are tight and I readjusted the motor speed to optimum. I've tried pretty much every position for the MAG. ADJUST with no success. Any other suggestions I might try before I start swapping out parts?

Thanks,
-Mark
Old March 6th 04, 05:02 PM
Ken Layton

Belts are probably shot.
Old March 6th 04, 10:31 PM
ThomasTeeter

If your belts are more than 3-4 years old and/or have been sitting in
an unused acceptor for more than 12 months, they MUST be replaced for
it to work properly. Replace ALL the belts. If original Rowe parts,
the clear drive belts and sometimes the others will have a month and
year printed on them- use the OLDEST date codes you can find as your
guide to determine the condition of ALL your belts. Unlike the older
BA series acceptor frequently used in change machines and jukes around
R86 & R-87 era, the OBA acceptor's belts are VERY, VERY sensitive to
age and/or lack of regular use (the clear belts are most prone to
failure, but if you replace just them and not the rest, including the
timing belt, you WILL have more problems quick- I can guarantee you
will. This is a sure bet. Trust me on this one... If you don't
regularly use or need your acceptor, don't bother changing the belts
as they will be worthless in less than a year. If you NEED an acceptor
to be used just once in awhile, you will need to upgrade to a Mars
acceptor (ask your local Rowe distributor). However, this is a VERY
expensive upgrade and I certainly wouldn't recommend it for a home use
juke.
BTW, don't forget to adjust your motor speed if you do change the
belts...

Thomas
E-mail: thomasteeter(at)budweiser.com
Ebay seller ID: absolutelygreatgames