Another Messed up Silver Round

Old March 9th 06, 01:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Another Messed up Silver Round

I posted pictures in the binary group of a silver round that I believe
would be considered a die cap. It's in two pieces, both pieces weigh
just a little over an ounce on my postal scale and each half has one
side of the die on it. The reverse piece actually fits inside of the
obverse and while it has a fairly clear imprint of the reverse die it
also has some vestige of the obverse die as transferred through the
silver round that got the obverse impression.
I thought it was interesting considering the silver round Wes has up.
Cliff

Old March 9th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 20:09:20 -0500, Cliff is
alleged to have written:
I posted pictures in the binary group of a silver round that I believe
would be considered a die cap. It's in two pieces, both pieces weigh
just a little over an ounce on my postal scale and each half has one
side of the die on it. The reverse piece actually fits inside of the
obverse and while it has a fairly clear imprint of the reverse die it
also has some vestige of the obverse die as transferred through the
silver round that got the obverse impression.
I thought it was interesting considering the silver round Wes has up.
Cliff

Pretty cool! eBay that sucker for more than it's worth. :-)

Bruce (LQQK!!! RARE DIE CAP!!!!)

ANA R162074
EAC 3606

To email me, remember that RoadRunner
and Coyote do not mix.
Old March 9th 06, 01:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 01:40:18 GMT, "Bruce H (BoxTurtle)"
wrote:

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 20:09:20 -0500, Cliff is
alleged to have written:
I posted pictures in the binary group of a silver round that I believe
would be considered a die cap. It's in two pieces, both pieces weigh
just a little over an ounce on my postal scale and each half has one
side of the die on it. The reverse piece actually fits inside of the
obverse and while it has a fairly clear imprint of the reverse die it
also has some vestige of the obverse die as transferred through the
silver round that got the obverse impression.
I thought it was interesting considering the silver round Wes has up.
Cliff

Pretty cool! eBay that sucker for more than it's worth. :-)

Bruce (LQQK!!! RARE DIE CAP!!!!)

I bought it on ebay for something like 10 dollars and 2 dollars
shipping. Didn't realize it was 2 ounces of silver. I really didn't
understand what it was until I was the one Wes had and then I had to
look at it and realize how the planchet wrapped around the reverse die
and the other planched wrapped around the other planchet and the
reverse die.
Now I think it's neat so I'll put it back in the envelope and put it
back in the drawer.
Cliff