No more Prezibucks???

Old December 13th 11, 06:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

Default No more Prezibucks???

I am hearing at noon today (12/13/11) that the Presidential Dollar
production will be suspended. No details yet.

oly
Old December 13th 11, 07:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Dec 13, 12:54*pm, oly wrote:
I am hearing at noon today (12/13/11) that the Presidential Dollar
production will be suspended. *No details yet.

oly

Well, our albums may not be totally useless...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...3rO_story.html

there seems to be a small caveat...

Good thing to have Joe B. right on top of this one.

oly

Old December 13th 11, 08:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

"oly" wrote in message
On Dec 13, 12:54 pm, oly wrote:
I am hearing at noon today (12/13/11) that the Presidential Dollar
production will be suspended. No details yet.

oly

Well, our albums may not be totally useless...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...3rO_story.html

there seems to be a small caveat...

Good thing to have Joe B. right on top of this one.

oly
__________________

Nice to see someone in power finally recognize that putting the brakes on
this coin overload is the easiest and most logical way save taxpayers $50
million a year, instead of the tired claim that eliminating paper dollars is
the best and/or only way to save money. The peoples' choice may finally win
out.

Too bad, though, for collectors like me who had been putting a roll away for
each president at face value from a local bank. I suppose now we'll have to
pay forty bucks a roll from the Mint if we want to continue with the "set".

Old December 13th 11, 09:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...ing-production...

there seems to be a small caveat...

Good thing to have Joe B. right on top of this one.

oly
__________________

Nice to see someone in power finally recognize that putting the brakes on
this coin overload is the easiest and most logical way save taxpayers $50
million a year, instead of the tired claim that eliminating paper dollars is
the best and/or only way to save money. *The peoples' choice may finally win
out.

Too bad, though, for collectors like me who had been putting a roll away for
each president at face value from a local bank. *I suppose now we'll have to
pay forty bucks a roll from the Mint if we want to continue with the "set".

I'm thinking that the Alton, Illinois area (home of Olin brass) could
be hurt a bit.

Mo

http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_new...dential-coins?

As for that great comic, Joe Biden, he'll never make a coin.

oly

Old December 13th 11, 09:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jim_Higgins

On 12/13/11 1:54 PM, oly wrote:
I am hearing at noon today (12/13/11) that the Presidential Dollar
production will be suspended. No details yet.

oly

The Buck Stops: Treasury Suspends Production Of Presidential Dollars
http://tinyurl.com/7o6bt3w
Old December 13th 11, 09:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

"oly" wrote in message

On Dec 13, 12:54 pm, oly wrote:

[...]

----------------

If true to form, the Mint next will announce that 10,000 dollar coins will
be minted for collectors featuring each subsequent president, one per month,
in order to take care of twelve presidents a year and bring this
embarassment to an end in a year and a half or so. Of course the coins
will be offered only by the roll, first come - first served, with a five
roll limit per household. Those who miss out ordering at the Mint still
will be able to participate later via the Home Shopping Network.

Old December 13th 11, 10:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_new...2-us-mint-says...

As for that great comic, Joe Biden, he'll never make a coin.

oly
----------------

If true to form, the Mint next will announce that 10,000 dollar coins will
be minted for collectors featuring each subsequent president, one per month,
in order to take care of twelve presidents a year and bring this
embarassment to an end in a year and a half or so. * Of course the coins
will be offered only by the roll, first come - first served, with a five
roll limit per household. *Those who miss out ordering at the Mint still
will be able to participate later via the Home Shopping Network.- Hide quoted text -

If I were Director of the Mint, I'd simply include the Prezibucks in
the annual Mint sets (only) and Proof Sets (only) and that way I'd
sell a great many of those. Kinda like the 1970-D and 1970-S Kennedy
Half Dollars.

Very simple, yet would move about three to five million of the Unc
sets, maybe three million proof sets. Perhaps more.

If there were only 10,000 of each design, the RCC coin flippers would
blow out their various sphincters trying to get an order in on the
Mint's automated system. Most would die of unsuccessful profiteer's
frustration and angst.

oly
Old December 13th 11, 11:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"oly" wrote in message

I'm thinking that the Alton, Illinois area (home of Olin brass) could be
hurt a bit.

Looking for a silver - er, brass lining, ammo may get a tad cheaper?

Old December 13th 11, 11:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Dec 13, 5:18*pm, "mazorj" wrote:
"oly" wrote in message

I'm thinking that the Alton, Illinois area (home of Olin brass) could be
hurt a bit.

Looking for a silver - er, brass lining, ammo may get a tad cheaper?

Here in the Patch, on Interstate-55, you do see these huge coils of
rolled metal strip, both copper-nickel colored and brass colored, all
the time. Alton is about 80 miles south and is an industrial/
petroleum depot for the St. Looie area. A program the size of the
Prezibucks has got to be meaningful to somebodies' somewhere
pocketbook.

12 and 20 gauge shotgun shells might be as good as silver quarters one
of these fine days, but I really couldn't trust myself to own a gun.

oly