Global warming: It's HEEEEEERE....

Old July 29th 06, 12:43 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
darnoc

Default Global warming: It's HEEEEEERE....

Anybody been watching the new data coming out? It's called global
dimming -- no ****, I'm making this up. NOVA had a nice special on it about
a month ago. The NOVA website has more info.

In a nut shell, solar radiation has dropped 15-30% world wide. This is
backed up by something called pan evaporation rate. In essence. . .pans of
water are evaporating less water. By how much? exactly the drop in solar
radiation -- the photons bouncing off the water are the greatest factor in
evaporation -- more so than wind, humidity, etc.

Here's the important part. Small particulate pollution makes more
reflective clouds. Clouds are water droplets condensed around things like
pollen or sea salt. Pollution particulates are much smaller, making much
more numerous and reflective clouds reflecting solar radiation back into
space.

Out come? The cleaner we make tailpipes while still pumping CO2 into the
atmosphere, the quicker it will get warmer. Here's the kicker. . .global
temperatures have risen by 1 degree C so far. The Global dimming phenomena
has kept temperatures down by over 1 degree C.

It's gonna be a wild ride in the future.

Cheers !

Old July 29th 06, 12:54 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
darnoc

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/sun/

BTW, this heat news is fairly amusing to me tho. Never had AC my whole
life. Was it hot last week? goddamn right. didn't sleep at all Friday
before last. But ****, when people talk as if human beings will just flat
out die if it gets above 90. Tho, I guess it's like when people who never
drive on snow hit trees. When it gets above 90 with high humidity, it's not
time to build that shed in back yard. It's time to drink plenty of fluids,
sit down, and try not to breath too hard. 92+ with high humidity this
weekend here in the midwest. Wish me luck.

Old July 29th 06, 02:34 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 18:54:00 -0500, "darnoc"
wrote:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/sun/

BTW, this heat news is fairly amusing to me tho. Never had AC my whole
life. Was it hot last week? goddamn right. didn't sleep at all Friday
before last. But ****, when people talk as if human beings will just flat
out die if it gets above 90. Tho, I guess it's like when people who never
drive on snow hit trees. When it gets above 90 with high humidity, it's not
time to build that shed in back yard. It's time to drink plenty of fluids,
sit down, and try not to breath too hard. 92+ with high humidity this
weekend here in the midwest. Wish me luck. snip

That "Four Corners" high that was tormenting us for a record 18 days
is finally moving out, but is now wreaking havoc in the Midwest.
Today, we were almost normal for a high, but the humidity was way out
of whack and the nighttime minimum was 8°C above normal.

Old July 30th 06, 07:31 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
duty-honor-country

darnoc wrote:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/sun/

BTW, this heat news is fairly amusing to me tho. Never had AC my whole
life. Was it hot last week? goddamn right. didn't sleep at all Friday
before last. But ****, when people talk as if human beings will just flat
out die if it gets above 90. Tho, I guess it's like when people who never
drive on snow hit trees. When it gets above 90 with high humidity, it's not
time to build that shed in back yard. It's time to drink plenty of fluids,
sit down, and try not to breath too hard. 92+ with high humidity this
weekend here in the midwest. Wish me luck.

Many a dinosaur died, so I can get 10 mpg with my 455 Pontiac Firebird-
I love it !

One time in the winter, I burned 17 old tires in the backyard, over a
period of a few hours- there was about 18" of snow on the ground at
the time-

burn baby burn- smoke means progress !

Old July 31st 06, 02:56 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On 30 Jul 2006 11:31:22 -0700, "shriked duty-dishonor-cowardice" aka
Charlie Nudo wrote:

Many a dinosaur died, so I can get 10 mpg with my 455 Pontiac Firebird-
I love it ! snip

....and here we have our apostolic moron, Charlie Nudo, explaining
perfectly why there's strife in the Middle East and gasoline is
$3.50/gallon...stupid people like him are the cause.

One time in the winter, I burned 17 old tires in the backyard, over a
period of a few hours- there was about 18" of snow on the ground at
the time- snip

Good! Hope those toxins from those tire casings made their way into
your house. With any luck, the poisoning will wipe you both out.

burn baby burn- smoke means progress ! snip

No, nowadays, smoke means "moron at work." Charlie Noodles = moron.
Simple!
Old July 31st 06, 08:16 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
[email protected]

Many a dinosaur died, so I can get 10 mpg with my 455 Pontiac Firebird-
I love it ! snip

...and here we have our apostolic moron, Charlie Nudo, explaining
perfectly why there's strife in the Middle East and gasoline is
$3.50/gallon...stupid people like him are the cause.

I think he's just joking. Maybe he does have a sense of humor! :-D

Old August 1st 06, 03:22 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On 31 Jul 2006 17:35:51 -0700, "duty-honor-country"
wrote:

Tires and gas are both fun to burn ! Who cares about money, when you
are having fun ! And besides, I can afford it. snip

Well, not anymore, you can't.

When's the IRS penalty/back taxes bill due? HAHAHA