Taco Bell To Promote $2 Bill

Old June 16th 10, 09:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
KBH[_2_]

Default Taco Bell To Promote $2 Bill

On Jun 11, 4:17*am, Drago the Wolf wrote:
I'm supriseed no one here posted about this, even though this board is
mainly for coins. Taco Bell is going to try to promote $2 bills along
with their new $2 Meal Deal they have. They want the BEP to print more
$2s and the Federal Reserve to circulate more. They even have a
slogan:

Cooler than a $5. Twice as powerful as a $1.

Here's an idea for collecting the $2 bill.

A Mersenne Prime Number is of the form 2^p -1 .

The current known Mersenne Primes with eight digit exponents a

13466917
20996011
24036583
25964951
30402457
32582657
37156667
42643801
43112609

Find one of those as a serial number on a $2 bill and that's 2^p .

Old June 16th 10, 09:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
KBH[_2_]

On Jun 16, 4:01*pm, KBH wrote:
On Jun 11, 4:17*am, Drago the Wolf wrote:

I'm supriseed no one here posted about this, even though this board is
mainly for coins. Taco Bell is going to try to promote $2 bills along
with their new $2 Meal Deal they have. They want the BEP to print more
$2s and the Federal Reserve to circulate more. They even have a
slogan:

Cooler than a $5. Twice as powerful as a $1.

Here's an idea for collecting the $2 bill.

A Mersenne Prime Number is of the form *2^p *-1 .

The current known largest Mersenne Primes have eight digit exponents of:

13466917
20996011
24036583
25964951
30402457
32582657
37156667
42643801
43112609

Find one of those as a serial number on a $2 bill and that's *2^p .

[ Edited above ]

Old June 19th 10, 08:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jass[_2_]

I also immediately thought of the infamous taco bell $2 story.

The lack of use for the $2 bill simply baffles me.

For coins, the arguments actually make sense. "I dont want to carry
heavy dollar coins in change".

Yes, youre being a baby, but theres some basis to that point.

But for $2 bills....? Why wouldnt someone want to get two $2 bills in
change instead of four $1s?

I also agree that the bill should be redesigned. As long as it has the
old design, people will think it's rare and worth saving. If it has a
modern colored design, bam, regular currency.
Old June 19th 10, 02:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Jass" wrote in message
I also immediately thought of the infamous taco bell $2 story.

The lack of use for the $2 bill simply baffles me.

For coins, the arguments actually make sense. "I dont want to carry
heavy dollar coins in change".

Yes, youre being a baby, but theres some basis to that point.

But for $2 bills....? Why wouldnt someone want to get two $2 bills in
change instead of four $1s?

==========

I believe most people would be receptive to receiving $2 bills in change and
might even become used to seeing them among the ones, fives, and tens in
their wallets. But it will be up to merchants to dispense them, banks to
include them in ATM payouts, etc. You can't count on masses of people going
to banks and asking for them. The same dilema with getting dollar coins to
circulate. It's gotta start somewhere.

I don't ever remember encountering many $2 bills in circulation back in the
1950's when they were much less of a novelty. Of course there were stories
going around back then that may have played a factor.

I also agree that the bill should be redesigned. As long as it has the
old design, people will think it's rare and worth saving. If it has a
modern colored design, bam, regular currency.

On the other hand, some people also might be apt to save what they consider
to be a radical new bill design. Otherwise, I don't imagine many could
describe what's on the current $2 bill, even though they may have one or two
stored away somewhere. I'm not sure I could without peeking.

Old June 19th 10, 10:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jass[_2_]

On the other hand, some people also might be apt to save what they consider
to be a radical new bill design. *Otherwise, I don't imagine many could
describe what's on the current $2 bill, even though they may have one or two
stored away somewhere. *I'm not sure I could without peeking.

A shame too, because it has by far the best design.
Old June 21st 10, 02:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
shreadvector

On Jun 19, 2:53*pm, Jass wrote:
On the other hand, some people also might be apt to save what they consider
to be a radical new bill design. *Otherwise, I don't imagine many could
describe what's on the current $2 bill, even though they may have one or two
stored away somewhere. *I'm not sure I could without peeking.

A shame too, because it has by far the best design.

The Two has the signing of the Declaration of Independence on the
back. July 4 is coming up.

EVERYONE should go to their bank or banks and get all of their
spending money in Twos and flood their local area with them for the
next few weeks.

If you like it, keep doing it year-round.
Old June 22nd 10, 11:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

On Jun 21, 9:46*am, shreadvector wrote:
On Jun 19, 2:53*pm, Jass wrote:

On the other hand, some people also might be apt to save what they consider
to be a radical new bill design. *Otherwise, I don't imagine many could
describe what's on the current $2 bill, even though they may have one or two
stored away somewhere. *I'm not sure I could without peeking.

A shame too, because it has by far the best design.

The Two has the signing of the Declaration of Independence on the
back. July 4 is coming up.

EVERYONE should go to their bank or banks and get all of their
spending money in Twos and flood their local area with them for the
next few weeks.

If you like it, keep doing it year-round.

Fred, are you suggesting we do what the military did one fine payday
in the late 1950s? For those of you that have no idea what I'm
talking about...

Back in the mid to late 50s, some locales complained that the military
in their areas did nothing to help their local economies (it was the
same back then as it is now). To prove how wrong the people were, the
military paid ALL of the troops in $2 bills and told the troops to
spend them, not deposit them. It took years before all of those
deuces finally disappeared.

Jerry
Old June 22nd 10, 02:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
shreadvector

On Jun 19, 2:53*pm, Jass wrote:

[...]

Jerry- Hide quoted text -

Sure, that will solve the problem of "hoarding" when you only leave a
single Two as a tip. Leave a bunch of Twos and pay the entire bill
with Twos. Pay for everything with Twos.

And the military has done that 'pay everyone in Twos' thing many times
over the years. They should do it more often, but with electronic
deposits, it may not be as easy these days.
Old June 22nd 10, 08:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

On Jun 19, 2:53 pm, Jass wrote:

[...]

==============

I'm sure merchants would just love customers who would pay their $150 tab in
all Twos........ or Ones or Fives, especially if they encounter members of a
group who all have the same fetish. So will the customers waiting behind
you. Spreading a few Twos around can be interesting, so why can't you be
satisfied with that?
=================

And the military has done that 'pay everyone in Twos' thing many times
over the years. They should do it more often, but with electronic
deposits, it may not be as easy these days.
===============

Thank goodness the Army didn't pay us in Twos back when we were paid in cash
each month.

Old June 22nd 10, 09:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
shreadvector

On Jun 19, 2:53 pm, Jass wrote:

[...]

each month.- Hide quoted text -

Of course merchants love it. They have to send someone to the bank to
get small bills and they pay a fee for change (coin and bills)
ordered. They absolutley love it when I pay with Twos. They use them
as change when they see enough of them. When they see one or two, they
regard them as "rare".

Apparently your "fetish" is posting negative personal attacks and
false information to try to stop people from even considering using
dollar coins or two dollar bills. How sad and pathetic. Whenever
someone posts a nice postive message about how they ejoy them or how
others appreciated them, you have to chime in to add your pathetic
negativity. Sad, sad, sad. Why don't you go yell at those kids playing
on or near your lawn?