Grossly Overgraded 1893 S Morgan

Old May 8th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Grossly Overgraded 1893 S Morgan

"Certified" by one of our favorite TPG companies.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1893-S-MORGAN-DO...temZ8410862007

Old May 8th 06, 04:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Wes Chormicle" wrote in
.net:

"Certified" by one of our favorite TPG companies.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1893-S-MORGAN-DO...W0QQitemZ84108
62007

a G grade in coinvalues lists this at $2500. Wouldnt this pass as a GOOD
grade?

Wouldnt this be a good deal since book on good is $2500?

Old May 8th 06, 12:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

[Default] On Sun, 07 May 2006 22:35:41 -0500, Mark Reed
climbed to the top of the minaret and sang
out:

"Wes Chormicle" wrote in
k.net:

"Certified" by one of our favorite TPG companies.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1893-S-MORGAN-DO...W0QQitemZ84108
62007

a G grade in coinvalues lists this at $2500. Wouldnt this pass as a GOOD
grade?

Wouldnt this be a good deal since book on good is $2500?

Yeah, that's true, but the point is that it's certified as F when it's
really G. (overgraded by 2 grades).
Old May 8th 06, 03:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Wes Chormicle wrote:
"Certified" by one of our favorite TPG companies.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1893-S-MORGAN-DO...temZ8410862007

ACG isn't really a grading service. It is just the packaging that the
seller uses to send out his coins :-S It is a definite conflict of
interest for the seller to grade coins that he sells. It takes the TP
out of TPG. Maybe we should refer to ACG as a FPG service.

The pictures are so poor that it is hard for me to put a grade on the
coin. With all of Al's experience in coins, one would think he could do
a good picture.

Anita

Old May 8th 06, 10:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Not only certified by Hagger, but he is also the seller if I am not
mistaken. The ebay seller is the second company he established along
with AH-Collectibles.

David

Old May 15th 06, 06:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Mon, 08 May 2006 03:03:24 GMT, "Wes Chormicle" wrote:

"Certified" by one of our favorite TPG companies.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1893-S-MORGAN-DO...temZ8410862007

VG details, this coin would be bodybagged by the majors or silently net graded to good. Typical
of what you find in these holders.
--
K6AZ WEB PAGES

http://www.k6az.com/web_pages.htm

FA: 1893 S Morgan Wes Chormicle Coins 7 February 5th 05 11:56 PM
FA: 1867, 1909 cents, 1893 commem 1/2,1879 morgan dollar, 1930 dime, 1905 nickel paragon Coins 0 February 2nd 05 11:44 PM
Altered 1893 S Morgan?? Wes Chormicle Coins 10 November 11th 04 02:10 PM
FA: 1893 O VG Morgan Wes Chormicle Coins 0 October 3rd 04 05:16 AM
morgan and peace dollars for sale Don Brandon Coins 0 July 12th 03 04:15 AM