Tidewater Area Coin Shops, Shows & Clubs

Old December 22nd 04, 05:55 AM
Gerald Buckmaster

Default Tidewater Area Coin Shops, Shows & Clubs

Greetings RCCers,

I am probably relocating to Hampton Virginia sometime this coming Spring,
and would like to familiarize myself with coin shop locations, clubs and
shows in the local area. Appreciate any links and pointers anyone might
contribute. I thought the Beltway was in my future plans, but after doing
the cost of living analysis, Hampton looks like a sure deal.

Gerald

"Copper Craver"

Old December 22nd 04, 11:29 AM
jzrarities

The best place is to start he
http://tidewatercoinclub.org/
They have a good show about once a quarter.

And the VFW coin show too:
http://members.aol.com/FortnerSN/VFWCoinShow.html

Guy Clark usually makes it to all the local shows, so I use his webpage to
keep track of the Tidewater and VFW shows: See bottom of his homepage.
http://www.ancient-art.com/

On this side of the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel is a shop 'Reed Walton
Coins' Bid board every tuesday night. Hope this gets you started.
Welcome back south of the Beltway...

Jeff at Langley AFB

----------------------------

Old December 23rd 04, 02:14 PM
Jim Wild

I am technically in tidewater and know nothing about shows and clubs.
But as far as coin shops, I can assure you there are none in the
immediate area. The only dealer near this location is the guy in
Virginia Beach with the full page ads in Coin World with a Dolphin on
the page. High dollar stuff. And Harry Laibstain in mid town Newport
News. Again, not a shop, just mail order for high dollar coins. As far
as coin shops, you are looking at a 45 minute drive to Richmond. They
have a few there. After I started collecting again, I was disappointed
to find the lack of coin shops in this area.

But it certainly is a good prosperous area of the country and you should
move here if those are your plans. One hint. If you are moving to
Hampton, I hope your job is in Hampton and not Norfolk or Va. Beach. The
commute through the tunnel everyday would be a nightmare. But yes, it is
a good area.

Jim