Coin Shops in Houston Area

Old December 9th 03, 03:42 AM
Larry Louks

Default Coin Shops in Houston Area

Hi Folks,

We'll be going to Texas for Christmas to see our son and family. He lives
south of Houston about an hour. I was just thinking ahead a little about a
coin shopping jaunt that the two of us might possibly make together. If you
live in the Houston area and have a favorite vendor in that neck of the
woods, I'd appreciate you pointing us in the right direction. Thanks!

Larry

Old December 9th 03, 04:10 AM
Phil DeMayo

"Larry Louks" wrote:

We'll be going to Texas for Christmas to see our son and family. He lives
south of Houston about an hour. I was just thinking ahead a little about a
coin shopping jaunt that the two of us might possibly make together. If you
live in the Houston area and have a favorite vendor in that neck of the
woods, I'd appreciate you pointing us in the right direction. Thanks!

While you're waiting for personal recommendations you can do what all good ANA
members do....go to the ANA website and scroll through the list of ANA member
dealers for the state of Texas.

Here's a direct link to the list:
http://anamarket.money.org/States/Texas.html

++++++++++
Phil DeMayo - always here for my fellow Stooge
When bidding online always sit on your helmet
Just say NO to counterfeits
Old December 9th 03, 06:59 PM
Edwin Johnston

"Phil DeMayo" wrote in message
"Larry Louks" wrote:

We'll be going to Texas for Christmas to see our son and family. He lives
south of Houston about an hour. I was just thinking ahead a little about

coin shopping jaunt that the two of us might possibly make together. If

you
live in the Houston area and have a favorite vendor in that neck of the
woods, I'd appreciate you pointing us in the right direction. Thanks!

While you're waiting for personal recommendations you can do what all good

ANA
members do....go to the ANA website and scroll through the list of ANA

member
dealers for the state of Texas.

Here's a direct link to the list:
http://anamarket.money.org/States/Texas.html

I recommend Pat Johnson Rare Coin as listed on the ANA website, it's outdoor
sign advertises itself as the Houston Numismatic Exchange or some such. It's
a nice big store, located in the Rice Village with any number of other types
of shopping within walking distance. Check for business hours.

Old December 9th 03, 11:27 PM
Larry Louks

Phil DeMayo wrote:
....go to the ANA website and scroll through the
list of ANA member dealers for the state of Texas.

Thanks for the reply, Phil. Yes, I had actually hunted up that list a few
days ago, though I think I found it in Google. I was just seeing if I could
get some personal recommendations from those who frequent the local shops in
the Houston area.

Larry

Old December 9th 03, 11:29 PM
Larry Louks

Edwin Johnston wrote:
I recommend Pat Johnson Rare Coin as listed on the ANA website, it's
outdoor sign advertises itself as the Houston Numismatic Exchange or
some such. It's a nice big store, located in the Rice Village with
any number of other types of shopping within walking distance. Check
for business hours.

Thanks for the reply, Edwin. Another helpful enthusiast emailed me last
night and made that same recommendation. So I emailed the shop to check on
the holiday schedule, but alas! They will be closed December 25 - January 2.

Larry

Old December 10th 03, 06:15 AM
Edwin Johnston

"Larry Louks" wrote in message
Edwin Johnston wrote:
I recommend Pat Johnson Rare Coin as listed on the ANA website, it's
outdoor sign advertises itself as the Houston Numismatic Exchange or
some such. It's a nice big store, located in the Rice Village with
any number of other types of shopping within walking distance. Check
for business hours.

Thanks for the reply, Edwin. Another helpful enthusiast emailed me last
night and made that same recommendation. So I emailed the shop to check on
the holiday schedule, but alas! They will be closed December 25 - January

2.

Well, if all else fails, my fav local pub never closes:
http://www.rudyards.com/

Old December 14th 03, 03:40 PM
nohope587

I second the recommendation for the Houston Numismatic Exchange Rice Village
they always have time to talk to even small fry such as myself.

--
Richard Barnes
Ebay nohope587