Sunday evening

Old November 30th 09, 12:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

Default Sunday evening

Updating my French Colonies with a Hoagy Carmichael 2-fer in the background.
What better way to spend a rainy Sunday evening? Updating my Travancore,
perhaps?
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada -- http://www.amedialuz.ca/

Old November 30th 09, 02:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Hah! Travancore? Tony,
It should be an alternative punishment for prisoners other than "Picking Oakum"

http://cjoint.com/data/lEc2k8e5Cm.htm
Try selecting "reddish lilac", from "reddish violet", from "lilac" in that bunch,
and that's the easy ones, thay have to be watermark B.

The half Chuckram shades are mind boggling.
I'd suggest you would have a better time watching paint dry.

There should be a way to test for "papers"
rodney

Old November 30th 09, 10:20 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

On Nov 30, 1:03*pm, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote:
Hah! Travancore? Tony,
It should be an alternative punishment for prisoners other than "Picking Oakum"

http://cjoint.com/data/lEc2k8e5Cm.htm
Try selecting "reddish lilac", from "reddish violet", from "lilac" in that bunch,
and that's the easy ones, thay have to be watermark B.

The half Chuckram shades are mind boggling.
I'd suggest you would have a better time watching paint dry.

There should be a way to test for "papers"
rodney

"Tony Vella" wrote in ...
Updating my French Colonies with a Hoagy Carmichael 2-fer in the background. What better way to spend a rainy Sunday
evening? *Updating my Travancore, perhaps?
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada --http://www.amedialuz.ca/

Hoagy Carmichael AND Travancore watermarks together? Reason totters
on her throne, to quote Bertie Wooster's Aunt Agatha.

I find the best solution to Travancore watermark problems is to
thoroughly douse the stamp in Ronsonol, and apply a lighted match.

And if the Travancore watermarks haven't yet unhinged you, try sorting
out the Cochin T8a and T27 watermarks in SG 85-91. Bach's Toccata &
Fugue in D Minor would be a suitable accompaniment.

George Cyril Wellbeloved
Old November 30th 09, 12:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

"Asia-translation"
I find the best solution to Travancore watermark problems is to
thoroughly douse the stamp in Ronsonol, and apply a lighted match.

Yo're too kind.
I find soaking in water is the only true method with these blighters,
some remain unclassifiable as there is no watermark.
Crank up Grand Funk Railroad, "Inside looking out"
and you have an evening with attitude.

Bach's Toccata & Fugue

That's an icecream, right?

Old November 30th 09, 12:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Nov 30, 7:05*am, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote:
"Asia-translation"
I find the best solution to Travancore watermark problems is to
thoroughly douse the stamp in Ronsonol, and apply a lighted match.

Yo're too kind.
I find soaking in water is the only true method with these blighters,
some remain unclassifiable as there is no watermark.
Crank up Grand Funk Railroad, "Inside looking out"
and you have an evening with attitude.

Bach's Toccata & Fugue

That's an icecream, right?

youse guys are sick, sick, sick.

Ralphael, the OLD one
Old November 30th 09, 01:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

"Asia-translation" wrote in message
[...]

It's the perfect combination indeed, sir. I was told so by Gally Threepwood
himself the year Bluebottle won the Cambridgeshire.

I find the best solution to Travancore watermark problems is to
thoroughly douse the stamp in Ronsonol, and apply a lighted match.

And if the Travancore watermarks haven't yet unhinged you, try sorting
out the Cochin T8a and T27 watermarks in SG 85-91. Bach's Toccata &
Fugue in D Minor would be a suitable accompaniment.

George Cyril Wellbeloved

I have a cigar-box of Travancore (and Hyderabad) that has been accumulating
over the decades. One of these days I'm going to have to make up my mind
and throw some time at it. Unfortunately, with the coming of old age I have
lost the patience I never had so I don't know what to expect. I do have
lots of Ronsonol, I have just received a new shipment, so there's always
that.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Old November 30th 09, 03:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

"Ralphael1"
Bach's Toccata & Fugue

That's an icecream, right?

youse guys are sick, sick, sick.
Ralphael, the OLD one

I don't like to bring this up, Ralphael,
but wasn't it a young lass from down your way in Florida, who offered a response
in a quiz show
"Name a famous painter, Leonardo.....?"

"Oh! Leonardo Dicaprio"

Old December 3rd 09, 03:43 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

On Dec 1, 12:32*am, "Tony Vella" wrote:
[...]

Your time would be better spent perusing Whiffle than trying to sort
out Hyderabad watermarks. That way madness lies.

G.C. Wellbeloved
Old December 3rd 09, 07:46 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

"Asia-translation"
Your time would be better spent perusing Whiffle than trying to sort
out Hyderabad watermarks. That way madness lies.
G.C. Wellbeloved

Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Tips
1 study the differing size of official opts
2 be able to identify the Wyon print from BW
3 half the time the value tablet is obscured by the cancellation
identify the value by the top RHS Indian script

Then they shall be in some semblance of order.