Live auction this evening

Old April 16th 05, 02:40 AM
Anita

Default Live auction this evening

I attended a live auction this evening in San Marcos. I picked up
eight common Morgans at a bargain price. They are bright coins (AU to
low 60's) that will probably be very good for someone starting a
collection. The only coin that may be worth slabbing is an
uncirculated 1880-O.

Somehow I also came home with a Washington commemorative uncirculated
and a 1960 Franklin proof. Not worth much, but then I didn't pay much.
I really like the Washington commemorative. The horse steals the
obverse. The coin has a couple of tiny scratches, though it is still
in the envelope and box. Otherwise it is a beauty.

It was enjoyable to be on the floor with some local eBay sellers and
collectors. I tried to stop Dennis from buying an Ike, but it was of
no use. We now have another Ike -- this one in a case. He also bought
a near-perfect series of Magic Johnson cards, so it looks like I'll be
eBaying some sports cards soon.

I was lucky that the Morgans and other coins were at the start of the
auction. There were few people bidding, so I was able to get the coins
for a scrap of change. Bidding got crazy as the night wore on. People
started bidding far more than the coins were worth. The auctioneer was
pointing at me, asking if I wanted to bid large amounts for 1922,
1923, and 1924 Peace dollars. No, uh-uh. However, there was one very
well struck raw MS63 1924 Peace that was so well struck that I did
want it. It looked very close to high relief.

Anita

BUY/SELL/TRADE/GIVE AWAY your 8tracks -- Nov. listing [email protected] 8 Track Tapes 3 January 9th 05 02:41 PM
Antiques @ Auction Jeffrey General 0 July 14th 04 03:25 AM
SPORTS Presells & YUGIOH Cases !! Blowoutcds Basketball 0 April 1st 04 05:35 PM
PRESELL Sports Cases & YUGIOH LIVE !!! Blowoutcds Basketball 0 January 26th 04 09:54 PM
4 SPORT EMAIL AUCTION - TAKE A LOOK 8/13 Cardman994 Basketball 0 August 13th 03 06:30 PM