OT - It Was Only a Matter of Time...

Old May 16th 06, 07:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default OT - It Was Only a Matter of Time...

The country that lent its name to the "Nigerian Money Scams" has a new
partner. Today I received my first money scam letter from LIBYA, using
the same modus operandi as its famous Nigerian relatives. A little
diplomatic recognition can go a long way.
________________________

Old May 16th 06, 08:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

wrote in message
oups.com...
The country that lent its name to the "Nigerian Money Scams" has a new
partner. Today I received my first money scam letter from LIBYA, using
the same modus operandi as its famous Nigerian relatives. A little
diplomatic recognition can go a long way.
________________________

The recent diplomatic recognition has nothing to do with it. I have
fourteen countries logged so far, Libya having weighed in about three years
ago. Wait till you get the one from Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.

Mr. Jaggers

Old May 17th 06, 04:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote in
:

wrote in message
oups.com...
The country that lent its name to the "Nigerian Money Scams" has a
new partner. Today I received my first money scam letter from LIBYA,
using the same modus operandi as its famous Nigerian relatives. A
little diplomatic recognition can go a long way.
________________________

The recent diplomatic recognition has nothing to do with it. I have
fourteen countries logged so far, Libya having weighed in about three
years ago. Wait till you get the one from Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.

Mr. Jaggers

I find this site endlessly funny:

http://scamorama.com/

They have a country list somewhere.
Old May 18th 06, 11:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"The Lads from Lagos." This is a scream of a scam!!! The only people
who won't laugh out loud are the ones that have been snookered by a 419
fraud. Check out the alleged causes of death of the bank customers.
Unfortunately the number killed by assassination is rather meager.

Old May 19th 06, 04:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

wrote in news:1147991660.125508.239360
@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com:

"The Lads from Lagos." This is a scream of a scam!!! The only people
who won't laugh out loud are the ones that have been snookered by a 419
fraud. Check out the alleged causes of death of the bank customers.
Unfortunately the number killed by assassination is rather meager.

http://scamorama.com/

The winners are those who can get something from the scammers. I've seen
some wonderful photos, as in:

http://scamorama.com/mandy_bra.html

The biggest winners are those who can talk a Scammer into sending money.

BA