Spain / Melilla stamps...... Value sought...

Old February 22nd 08, 03:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Mark Bardell

Default Spain / Melilla stamps...... Value sought...

Hello all,

I have the stamps from Melilla - Spain which I believe are Spanish Locals.
I've no idea as to the value of these and was wondering if anyone could push
me in the right direction. The pairs are all tete-beche. Picture of stamps
is linked to below :

http://www.boomspeed.com/cobbie10/spainmelilla.JPG

TIA.

Mark.

--

www.cobbiestamps.com
www.stampwants.com - seller ID "cobbiestamps"

Old February 22nd 08, 05:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

http://www.todocoleccion.net/e-f-eje...trado~x3291242

Here is a pre-printed envelope, franked with special cancellation listed on
Todo Colección for 5 euros. I can't find any singles for sale right now but
I have seen them. Try googling for "Ejército Expedicional de Melilla" maybe
you are luckier than I am.
--
Tony Vella, Ottawa, Canada
http://tv-stamps.shorturl.com

Old February 22nd 08, 05:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Peter Baumann[_2_]

Mark Bardell schrieb:

Hello all,

I have the stamps from Melilla - Spain which I believe are Spanish Locals.
I've no idea as to the value of these and was wondering if anyone could
push
me in the right direction. The pairs are all tete-beche. Picture of stamps
is linked to below :

http://www.boomspeed.com/cobbie10/spainmelilla.JPG

TIA.

Mark.

Hi Mark!

I can't help you with the value - but it schould be military-stamps,
when I translate it correct. Ejercito = armed force expedicinario =
transport/forward.

Peter
Old February 22nd 08, 08:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Feb 22, 9:25 am, "Mark Bardell"
wrote:
Hello all,

I have the stamps from Melilla - Spain which I believe are Spanish Locals.
I've no idea as to the value of these and was wondering if anyone could push
me in the right direction. The pairs are all tete-beche. Picture of stamps
is linked to below :

http://www.boomspeed.com/cobbie10/spainmelilla.JPG

TIA.

Mark.

--

www.cobbiestamps.comwww.stampwants.com- seller ID "cobbiestamps"
Ebay seller "cobbie10"

They are Spanish Military Franchise stamps from 1893.

In 1893 the Rif berbers besieged Melilla, and 25,000 men
had to be dispatched against them.

Note the numbers in the corners of the stamps
http://i6.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/cd/bd/0775_1.JPG

There are numerous varieties.
http://cjoint.com/data/cwtFpSf1do.htm

Blair
:

Old February 22nd 08, 08:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Feb 22, 2:14 pm, "Blair (TC)" wrote:
On Feb 22, 9:25 am, "Mark Bardell"
wrote:

[...]

ADDENDUM

I saw your stamp offered on eBay for US $5 but there were no bidders.

Blair
Old February 22nd 08, 08:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

wrote:

[...]

A lot on eBay of four Melilla stamps (including yours) sold for
$10.49

Blair
Old February 23rd 08, 12:15 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Some items supplied by Blair, when I enquired. FYI

Map of Melilla
http://cjoint.com/data/cxamvakT4O.htm

Fort
http://cjoint.com/data/cxaoZGEk5J.htm

Old February 23rd 08, 02:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre Courtiade

Default Spain / Melilla stamps...... Value sought... [and a bit of SNA]

rodney wrote :
Some items supplied by Blair, when I enquired. FYI

Map of Melilla
http://cjoint.com/data/cxamvakT4O.htm

Fort
http://cjoint.com/data/cxaoZGEk5J.htm

Thanks Rodney for reminding us with this interesting map.

Nevertheless I would have appreciated one with the SNA border marked on
it ...

Sorry, I could not resist ;-)

--
All the best,
Pierre

Old February 23rd 08, 02:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 02:00:20 +0100, "Pierre Courtiade"
wrote:

rodney wrote :
Some items supplied by Blair, when I enquired. FYI

Map of Melilla
http://cjoint.com/data/cxamvakT4O.htm

Fort
http://cjoint.com/data/cxaoZGEk5J.htm

Thanks Rodney for reminding us with this interesting map.

Nevertheless I would have appreciated one with the SNA border marked on
it ...

Sorry, I could not resist ;-)

I WAS GOING TO, but resisted at the last moment. Bah, humbug. I
missed an SNA opportunity again. Always a day late and a dollar
short. (Recent developments in monetary value states that we
Americans are at least .50 short as of now.)

Tracy
Old February 23rd 08, 03:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

"Pierre Courtiade"
Nevertheless I would have appreciated one with the SNA border marked on
it ...

SNA is in trouble,
Victor Manta is very rarely with us anymore,
too busy defending claims against SNA print, I'd wager,
and the No1 counter clerk has disappeared altogether
since he took broadband.

TERRORIST TURKS! "Turk Captured in Spain, Imprisoned in Spain"! King Seanie, Ruler of the Griks Coins 0 January 17th 06 03:01 AM
TERRORIST TURKS! "Turk Captured in Spain, Imprisoned in Spain"! King Seanie, Ruler of the Griks Coins 0 January 17th 06 02:39 AM
SNA~Melilla Rodney General Discussion 0 July 18th 05 03:21 AM
Is it a first edition?.help sought.. saj Books 1 March 24th 04 09:07 AM