What are we collecting. How many participants could be here.

Old October 24th 04, 05:04 PM
amesh \(Mette\)

"Chas Adrion" skrev i en meddelelse
Rene - I have started a collection of Denmark postmarks - trying for one
from every town. I am a real beginner in this area. Any advice?
chas adrion aps#94736

Chas, I don't collect this way myself, and most of my used Danish spares are
sold, but I'll be happy to send you some spare postcards/covers with
cancels/postmarks from different Danish towns to get you started. Just send
me a postal address by email (see autosig). Other than that I would try and
get a detailed map of Denmark, where you can find the major part of the
towns, so that you can locate the postmarks. After the 90s, when we changed
over to Distribution Centers, this collecting area has become less
interesting. Leaving the rest of your question to Rene ... ;-)
--
Best regards
Ann Mette Heindorff (Mette)

"RKJ" wrote in message
k...

"Victor Manta" wrote in message

For this reason I wonder how many actively participate or are at least

read
the postings in this NG.

I read the RCSD often. I almost only post replys and only if i have some
useful information to add...

May I invite you to answer this posting, by eventually adding a short
comment, for example about what are you collecting.

Denmark - 1864 issue
Denmark - 1875 to 1905 Bicoloured issue
Denmark - All postmarks
France - Napoleon Empire issues 1853 & 1862
France - Postal rates to Denmark
Germany - From old states to bout 1950
Europe/World - postmarks (various types from each country)

--
Rene Jorgensen

Old October 24th 04, 05:39 PM
Dad's Mail

I collect stamps from Canada to 2000, U.S.A to 1994, Australia, Denmark,
Norway.
Great Britain & Hong Kong Machins.
Just a reader, after being shot down when posting a message.
Note: I did get a nice private informative reply to my posting.

Canstampus
John Stobbs
jstobbsrtlabatshawdotca

Old October 24th 04, 05:58 PM
RKJ

"Chas Adrion" wrote in message
Rene - I have started a collection of Denmark postmarks - trying for one
from every town. I am a real beginner in this area. Any advice?

Hi Chas

My best advice is to get a copy of the complete catalog of danish handstamp
postmarks untill 1990. It is absolutely awesome. A good 1000 A-4 pages when
printed out. Every known cancel is listed and with a quality scan wherever
possible, and including starting date, earliest and latest known use, and
much more.

Its available on cd-rom. A danish postal historian finished this catalog
(and still updates it) . If you are interested, let me know, and ill see if
i can find his address. Im not sure about the price, but would think its
around 150-200 euros.
--
Rene

Old October 24th 04, 06:11 PM
Geezer

"J. A. Mc." wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 08:22:51 +0200, "Victor Manta"
found these unused words floating about:

May I invite you to answer this posting, by eventually adding a short
comment, for example about what are you collecting. Your posting will let
know to our visitors how large actually is the experience of this

philatelic
group.

Monaco, France, DDR, Bund, Berlin, Reich, Zones, Sweden,Norway,Denmark,
Finland, Iceland,Cyprus,Australia,NewZealand,Saudi Arabia,Gulf States, &
Lebanon.............................all postally used.

I believe that stamp collecting is thriving in Europe ( but fading away in
G.B.) You even see young people at stamp fairs on the Continent.

Geezer.

Old October 24th 04, 06:21 PM
ThibauT

Pour participer à nos (d)ébats, "Victor Manta"
sussurait le Sun, 24 Oct 2004 08:22:51
+0200 :

I have noticed (but I can be wrong) that the number of postings in RCSD
decreased in the last time. Isn't it a bit strange, especially when
considering that on news:fr.rec.philatelie (the stamps NG in French) there
are more and more postings, and anyway more than here?

on frp we are a lot of funny guys, and sometimes our posts are not
very philatelic ;o)

I'm collecting :
Australia mint and used
Canada used
Finland mint and used
Stamps with the Tour Eiffel (in fact, I wish collect, I have only 1
stamp! lol)

My wife is collecting:
Germany (only West) mint or used (but only a few recent missing)
Topical: Dogs, Mushromms, Gymnastics (all used or mint)

--
ThibauT
Best regards from Vergèze (France), city of Perrier ;o)
Old October 24th 04, 07:25 PM
John Mycroft

Gday, Victor and everyone else

I get in here regularly, often more to read than to write. My collections
are Germany & pre-1940 worldwide, both more accurately described as
accumulations rather than scholastic museum pieces.

--
Cheers - John Mycroft
coryton_at_cobbsmill_dot_com

Old October 24th 04, 08:28 PM
Gordon Lee

"Victor Manta" wrote:

I have noticed (but I can be wrong) that the number of dpostings in RCSD
ecreased in the last time. Isn't it a bit strange, especially when
considering that on news:fr.rec.philatelie (the stamps NG in French) there
are more and more postings, and anyway more than here?

For this reason I wonder how many actively participate or are at least
read the postings in this NG.

May I invite you to answer this posting, by eventually adding a short
comment, for example about what are you collecting. Your posting will let
know to our visitors how large actually is the experience of this
philatelic group.

Please infer my modest domain of knowledge from my signature.

Victor Manta

Greetings Mr. Manta.
..
I read rcsd posts daily. Some discussions far exceed my feeble
comprehension and collecting skills. Thus, very little contribution, active
or not, on my part.
..
I should mention, my collection consists primarily of Harris United States
Classic supplement pages and Harris Master Worldwide supplement pages.
Occasionally, a stamp finds itself hinged to one of those supplement pages
or into one of my nine shoe boxes full of sorted duplicates. Collector of
all, master of none. I may spend up to $50US a year on supplies, but I
spend $0 for stamps (except for actual postage).
..
Respectfully,

Gordon Lee
Great Fritain Royal Memorabilia & Fish Bait Emporium
Inexpensive stamps are just as fun to collect as expensive ones.

Old October 24th 04, 08:35 PM
Jay T. Carrigan

I distinguish between two types of collectios:

1. General collections (mostly filling spaces in albums, to about 1950,
mint preferred) -

Alaouites, Alexandretta, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cilicia,
Czechoslovakia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Antarctic,
Germany, Great Britain (pre-decimal), Greece (large Hermes heads only),
Greenland, Hatay, Hungary, Iceland, Latakia, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway,
Poland, Romania, Yugoslavia, plus Ohio State Sales Tax stamps.

2. Specialized collections (stamps, postal stationery & postal history,
mostly from the period immediately after the end of WWII) -

Albania, Austria, Carpatho-Ukraine (plus postal history of all periods),
Czechoslovakia, Denmark (internment camps only), France, Germany,
Hungary (including inflation), Isle of Man (to 1995, including revenues
and postal history of all periods), Italy, Poland, Romania (Northern
Transylvania), Yugoslavia.

A small portion of what I collect can be seen on my web site.

Jay Carrigan change domain to mchsi
www.jaypex.com

In article , says...

I have noticed (but I can be wrong) that the number of postings in RCSD
decreased in the last time. Isn't it a bit strange, especially when
considering that on news:fr.rec.philatelie (the stamps NG in French) there
are more and more postings, and anyway more than here?

For this reason I wonder how many actively participate or are at least read
the postings in this NG.

May I invite you to answer this posting, by eventually adding a short
comment, for example about what are you collecting. Your posting will let
know to our visitors how large actually is the experience of this philatelic
group.

Please infer my modest domain of knowledge from my signature.

Victor Manta

Art on Stamps:
http://www.values.ch/
Romania by Stamps: http://www.marci-postale.com/
Communism on Stamps: http://www.values.ch/communism/
Spanish North Africa: http://www.values.ch/sna-site/
Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://www.pwmo.org/

Old October 24th 04, 08:48 PM
Roger Smith

[...]

I read all the messages posted here and post when I think I can help
somebody.

My collecting interests are Australia, Canada, New Zealand and South Africa,
mint post 1935 (ish) with a passing interest in the Indian subcontinent and
Malaya.

Roger

Old October 24th 04, 10:05 PM
RKJ

"Chas Adrion" wrote in message
Rene - I have started a collection of Denmark postmarks - trying for one
from every town. I am a real beginner in this area. Any advice?

There are many ways to collect cancels.... many start out like you, by
collecting each town. Some specialize in certain types or certain cities or
areas. Cancels from an island have always been very popular, like the danish
Bornholm, or the Faroe islands cancels before 1975.

In my collection i dedicate a sheet for each cancel. Preferably on different
types of stamps from different periods to show the use of the cancel. And
then a complete letter or similar.

An example from my collection can be seen he

http://home20.inet.tele.dk/rkj/cancels.jpg

Hope it can inspire you. If you need any help with identifying cancels etc..
dont hezitate to email me :-)

--
Rene