What are we collecting. How many participants could be here.

Old November 2nd 04, 08:06 AM
Don

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 08:22:51 +0200, "Victor Manta"
wrote:

I have noticed (but I can be wrong) that the number of postings in RCSD
decreased in the last time. Isn't it a bit strange, especially when
considering that on news:fr.rec.philatelie (the stamps NG in French) there
are more and more postings, and anyway more than here?

For this reason I wonder how many actively participate or are at least read
the postings in this NG.

May I invite you to answer this posting, by eventually adding a short
comment, for example about what are you collecting. Your posting will let
know to our visitors how large actually is the experience of this philatelic
group.

Please infer my modest domain of knowledge from my signature.

Victor Manta

Art on Stamps: http://www.values.ch/
Romania by Stamps: http://www.marci-postale.com/
Communism on Stamps: http://www.values.ch/communism/
Spanish North Africa: http://www.values.ch/sna-site/
Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://www.pwmo.org/

Hi All;
Great post. A very interesting thread. I collect US mint
mostly regular issue and Airmail. Gave up new US for two
reasons:

Self Adhesive and Amount/Price of new issues, Lewis and Clark
booklet as an example. Going to start topical collecting, like in
lighthouses.

Thanks for all your time and efforts.

Don Foster
Old November 2nd 04, 09:49 PM
Ada Prill

There are actually quite a number of people who collect these fascinating
markings, and we even have our own club, the Auxiliary Markings Club:
http://www.postal-markings.org/

Pardon me if I am replying to a reply rather than to the original question -
again I was away for a few days, and my server doesn't retain postings for
very long. If there were other questions in the original post, please e-mail
me - my address should be relatively easy to unmask.

Ada

"TC Blair" wrote in message
om...
"Rodney" wrote in message
Auxiliary markings, especially pointing hands

Could you explain/elaborate please Ada.

Rodney:

Please refer to: http://paperhistory.home.mindspring.com/finger.htm

Blair

Old November 3rd 04, 03:08 AM
Rodney

No need Ada,
The mail got through!
and thanks.

Old November 8th 04, 04:50 AM
K. Patrick Laffin

I collect

Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czechoslovakia, Czech Republic,
Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan,
Leichtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland,
United States, and United Kingdom...........used only

Patrick
Milton, Ontario, Canada

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 09:28:01 -0700, J. A. Mc.
wrote:

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 08:22:51 +0200, "Victor Manta"
found these unused words floating about:

May I invite you to answer this posting, by eventually adding a short
comment, for example about what are you collecting. Your posting will let
know to our visitors how large actually is the experience of this philatelic
group.

John McCulloch

GB: Pre-Decimalization, concentrating on Line Engraved Victorian
Australia: Pre-Decimalization
Cape of Good Hope
Early French Art Issues

Old November 9th 04, 10:36 AM
Franz Heymann

Dormant
Commonwealth, GB
Active
South Africa, definitives only, no wallpaper.
GB booklets and booklet panes.

Franz

Old November 12th 04, 05:29 PM
Bob Ingraham

Robert McGuinness wrote in message news:oqDgd.64674$Pl.9183@pd7tw1no...
Rich Daugherty wrote:

"Victor Manta" wrote:

May I invite you to answer this posting, by eventually adding a short
comment, for example about what are you collecting. Your posting will let
know to our visitors how large actually is the experience of this philatelic
group.

Unlike Rob, I *have* met stamps that I don't want to collect or study,
and they include almost everything issued by everyone since about
1960, the exception being stamps on and off-cover related to the
Vietnam War.

I collect stamps and covers related to propeller airliners, the First
and Second World Wars and the postwar periods, airmail stamps on and
off cover (as long as thee stamps picture airliners).

Although I have a couple of Lighthouse albums (U.S. and Ireland), I
don't actively collect these countries, and long ago gave up on the
concept of completing a collection. I make my own album pages for my
various collections.

It's not really accurate to call myself a stamp collector these days,
because I rarely buy stamps; covers interest me much more. I am
working on an exhibit for VANPEX 2005 of mostly British and Canadian
covers and stamps concerning the wartime economy of Great Britain. It
will include war economy covers (covers used more than once by the
application of official or home-made labels to seal them and cover up
the old address and stamp), and slogan cancels, etiquettes and stamps
related to wartime conservation.

Oh yes, I still pick up chicken stamps and covers that come my way. I
wonder if anyone else in the world collects chicken stamps! People
seem to think it odd, but hey, my best friend when I was growing up
was my pet rooster! There are odder collections. Brian Grant Duff at
The Bay Coins & Stamps here in Vancouver auctioned off an
award-winning pig topical collection a few months ago. What a ham!

Bob Ingraham
Old November 12th 04, 07:26 PM

Rich Daugherty wrote:

"Victor Manta" wrote:

[...]

Ya know, though, that the porcine animules are quite respected and
numerous on post cards.

What a ham!

I resemble that remark! (A nickname for hamming it up)

Tracy Barber