Rock-ola 484 stops playing during record play

Old December 17th 19, 10:40 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Paolone

Default Rock-ola 484 stops playing during record play

Hi to all of you!

I have a problem with my Rock-ola 484 juke box that I have restored last Christmas.

Untill yesterday it played ok.

Today I have switch it on and i have played a record. All right!
When I have played the second record the 484 stops itself after 5 seconds of playing.

On the power distribution assembly (52405A), the “play relè” discharge itself and the “32 VDC led” switches off.

The “overload mechanism light” is still off.

If i push the “Circuit Breakers mechanism red button” the 484 continues to play the record for another 5 seconds and then it stops again, on the power distribution assembly (52405A), the “play relè” discharge itself and the “32 VDC led” switches off, and the “overload mechanism light” is still off.

I tried to remove the neon lights but it's still the same

Please can you help me?
What can be?

Thanks in advance

Paolo
Old December 17th 19, 05:49 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

On 2019/12/17 1:40 a.m., Paolone wrote:
[...]

Hi Paolo,

Check to see if the gripper motor is seized. Can you turn the knurled
knob at the bottom easily? If should turn in both directions - in one
direction it will only turn a few revolutions before it stops (jams),
turning in the other direction will start the picking up of the record
process... I expect that the motor won't turn in either direction as the
gears have jammed. If you can't free it with your fingers then loossen
the motor mounting bolts and let it slide down enough to release the
jam. Put the motor back and tighten the securing bolts once the jam is
cleared up.

I suspect that the microswitch controlling the gripper motor on the cam
switch assembly is not working correctly and thus the gripper motor
remains energized when the record is placed on the turntable.

A simple test is to remove one wire to the gripper motor and then reset
the circuit breaker. If the record now plays to the end without popping
the breaker then check the gripper motor control switches.

Good luck!

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com

Old December 17th 19, 07:35 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Paolone

Thanks John,

the gripper motor and the magazine motor are ok because i have cleaned and greased them last year when i restore my 484. I have turn easily right and left on both the motors.

i supect as you the microswitch, because if i remove the connection of the gripper motor when the record start to play it continue to play normally. (in one try i forget to remove it and the 484 stops, so i remove the connection and i push the red circuit breaker button and the recond continue to play normally).

But at the end of the disk the gripper arm don't pick up the disk anymore even if i insert the connection of the gripper motor.
So (after i have insert the gripper motor connection) i have to use the scan switch (slow down to cancel position and then up to oprate position) to let the gripper arm put the record in the magazine.

Wich microswitch is broken and do i have to check?

Thanks

Paolo
Old December 17th 19, 10:54 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

On 2019/12/17 10:35 a.m., Paolone wrote:
[...]

I recommend getting a copy of the Rockola service manual for the 484,
they go into great detail in the troubleshooting guide on how each
function works including the microswitches.
At this time I am too busy to dig out a manual and give you further
advice, my apologies!

The best service manual reprints are from Victoryglass.com in the USA.
Copies found elsewhere (except us, but we don't have that manual
available at this time) may be unclear or blurred out due to bad copying
or bad printing.

Old December 18th 19, 07:57 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Paolone

Hi John

I have the Rockola 484 Service manual.
And in the Sequence n. 16 says something on the microswitch n. 3 and the transistor Q301 e Q302 and the rele K301.

I have cleaned and tested all 4 microswitches, but the problem remain

Can you tell me some tip please?

Paolo
Old December 21st 19, 12:28 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Paolone

salut

J'ai changé le Q301 et le Q303, le relè K301, j'ai dessoudé le Q302 et ça va, mais le moteur de la pince est toujours connecté au + 32vdc lors de la lecture de l'enregistrement, et cela cause le problème avec le circuit du mécanisme.
Quel autre composant arrête le moteur de la pince lors de la lecture du disque?

Merci

Paolo

———

Hi

I have change the Q301 e Q303, the relè K301, i have desoldered the Q302 and is ok, but the gripper motor are still connected to the +32vdc when the record play, and this cause the problem with the mechanism circuit.
Which other component stop the gripper motor when the record plays?

Thanks

PaoloIl
Old December 21st 19, 12:39 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Paolone

Hi

I have change the Q301 e Q303, the relè K301, i have desoldered the Q302 and is ok, but the gripper motor are still connected to the +32vdc when the record play, and this cause the problem with the mechanism circuit.
Which other component stop the gripper motor when the record plays?

Thanks

Paolo

rock ola 490-2 wont play record billb Juke Boxes 0 May 28th 13 03:25 AM
SEEBURG L Stops Playing In Middle of Record Kim Juke Boxes 2 September 27th 06 02:43 AM
2600 record stops paw Juke Boxes 6 September 13th 06 01:51 PM
2600 record stops paw Juke Boxes 0 September 11th 06 05:08 PM
AMI F80 record selection playing indicator jukeboxdenny Juke Boxes 0 May 6th 06 03:31 PM