Help With a Teddy Bear

Old October 9th 03, 07:25 PM
Raeadh`ani

Default Help With a Teddy Bear

I am currently trying to work up a xmas/birthday present for my husband. He
has often times told me how he misses the teddy bear he had when he was a
child. I've seen a picture of this bear before and I can already tell its
going to be very difficult if not impossible to find another one like it.
But if any of you can offer any help as to finding one or finding someone
who could make a reproduction of it from a picture fairly cheaply, I would
be very very much in your debt.

The bear is a soft bear with a plastic (I think) face. The face, though, is
not smiling. The bear is pouting very very much and almost seems as though
it is crying. It has very large cheeks, which almost reach up to its eyes in
its pouting state and its lips are turned downwards.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

--
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compaired to
what lies within us. - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Old October 9th 03, 08:33 PM
Raeadh`ani

I've come to find out that this bear is apparently a Knickerbocker bear.
While that helps alittle, I am still unable to find out anymore information
on the bear itself (i.e. why it was made with a plastic face and why it
looks so sad) Any suggestions?

Examples of the bear I speak of:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tegory=11 7&r
d=1