Question

Old May 21st 10, 09:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Paawpaaw

Default Question

What does the right half of the Arizona Quarter
suppose to be representing in the Grand Canyon?

Thanks.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5136 (20100521) __________

http://www.eset.com

Old May 21st 10, 11:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jeff R.[_3_]

"Paawpaaw" wrote in message

What does the right half of the Arizona Quarter
suppose to be representing in the Grand Canyon?

Thanks.

Well, assuming this is a serious question (?), I'd hazard a guess that it is
depicting the saguaro cactus (Carnegiea gigantea).

Other than that, I really like the "Rising Sun" homage to the Japanese
tradition. (Though I didn't know that Japan figures so significantly in the
traditions of Arizona.)

--
Jeff R.
(waiting: 5... 4... 3...)

Old May 24th 10, 03:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
George[_2_]

Jeff R. wrote:
"Paawpaaw" wrote in message

What does the right half of the Arizona Quarter
suppose to be representing in the Grand Canyon?

Thanks.

Well, assuming this is a serious question (?), I'd hazard a guess that it is
depicting the saguaro cactus (Carnegiea gigantea).

Other than that, I really like the "Rising Sun" homage to the Japanese
tradition. (Though I didn't know that Japan figures so significantly in the
traditions of Arizona.)

--
Jeff R.
(waiting: 5... 4... 3...)

The Grand Canyon is in the upper background with the rising sun. In the
foreground, the magnificent Saguaro Cactus with several arms curving
upward. A banner with the inscription “Grand Canyon State” separates the
two elements to indicate two distinctive Arizona scenes.

From http://www.azgovernor.gov/azquarter/qpoll.asp

--
Government is a voracious monster that must have your labor to control
YOU! Your money is your liberty. The taxes you pay gently enslave you,
Old May 24th 10, 04:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Paawpaaw

Thank you for your reply.

"George" wrote in message
news

From http://www.azgovernor.gov/azquarter/qpoll.asp

--

signature database 5141 (20100524) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5141 (20100524) __________

http://www.eset.com

Old May 25th 10, 10:43 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jeff R.[_3_]

"Paawpaaw" wrote in message
Thank you for your reply.

You're welcome

--
Jeff R.

Old May 25th 10, 06:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
George[_2_]

Paawpaaw wrote:
Thank you for your reply.

Your welcome

--
Government is a voracious monster that must have your labor to control
YOU! Your money is your liberty. The taxes you pay gently enslave you,
and eventually destroy any human liberty you have. Fear government, pray
for the country.

$10 FRN question [email protected] Coins 2 April 12th 06 09:10 PM
Order a Pair and they will change you and who knows what might happen maybe something that should have happened years ago dont question it just do it and then question it because nothing "happens" or "changes" until "we do something" David Goldstein Hockey 0 February 24th 05 03:14 PM
Question regarding eBay Ask Seller a Question James Higby Coins 4 November 21st 04 01:02 AM
CSI QUESTION DAYK Cards:- non-sport 1 March 29th 04 08:43 PM
Question Lawrence Sunley Books 1 October 1st 03 09:22 PM