Curiosity Corner #349: South African Postmarks.

Old July 24th 07, 02:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

Default Curiosity Corner #349: South African Postmarks.

Up there with Art Mongan's Cinderella lists,
and Tracy's Belgian RR cancels must surely be this
herculean effort.
Every postmark of South Africa...10 volumes US$440

Phew!
http://cjoint.com/data/hydRT7XqId.htm

(Large 330Kb scan)

Old July 24th 07, 09:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 09:47:57 +0800, "Rod"
wrote:

Up there with Art Mongan's Cinderella lists,
and Tracy's Belgian RR cancels must surely be this
herculean effort.
Every postmark of South Africa...10 volumes US$440

Phew!
http://cjoint.com/data/hydRT7XqId.htm

(Large 330Kb scan)

[ Cringes with terror, runs and ducks behind couch... ]
Old July 25th 07, 01:54 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

[ Cringes with terror, runs and ducks behind couch... ]

That's strange.
in Australia, runs and ducks are found on the cricket pitch.

As an epilogue,
even, after all the years to produce those Sth African tomes,
they are identifying a new postmark about once a week.
They offer updates via *.PDF files regularly.

I think the old cliche.."A day at a time" suits your journey.

Old July 25th 07, 04:21 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 08:54:51 +0800, "Rod"
wrote:

[ Cringes with terror, runs and ducks behind couch... ]

That's strange.
in Australia, runs and ducks are found on the cricket pitch.

Are there couches out there?

As an epilogue,
even, after all the years to produce those Sth African tomes,
they are identifying a new postmark about once a week.
They offer updates via *.PDF files regularly.

I think the old cliche.."A day at a time" suits your journey.

Ummm... yeah! Like he said!
Old July 25th 07, 12:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

Are there couches out there?

Interesting question, some call them couch
(without the "e") the same name as the grass
we sometimes grow, (but pronounced cooch)

I call them "lounge", but whatever, behind our couch
are socks (kid kicks 'em off when doing his drum practice)
cookie wrappers and all sorts, care of "the kid"
A lovely well behaved child has collided with the puberty wall
and turned into some sort of ghastly Alien.

Wanna adopt a 12yo? or better yet, got a spare room?

Old July 25th 07, 05:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 19:25:11 +0800, "Rod"
wrote:

Are there couches out there?

Interesting question, some call them couch
(without the "e") the same name as the grass
we sometimes grow, (but pronounced cooch)

I call them "lounge", but whatever, behind our couch
are socks (kid kicks 'em off when doing his drum practice)
cookie wrappers and all sorts, care of "the kid"
A lovely well behaved child has collided with the puberty wall
and turned into some sort of ghastly Alien.

Wanna adopt a 12yo? or better yet, got a spare room?

Nope. I have 3 kidz and they're a handful as it is. Four footed
furry faced feline friends... There's no room at the Inn, considering
plenty of space is taken by the stamp population and other sordid
"stuff" that ties one down to one place for toooooooo long.

I can see "Purge #3" coming along nicely. (#1 was when I moved from
Albany, #2 was shortly after I arrived where I am now.)

The kidz will stay, but some of the poop must be flushed. (Segue for
Ralph to come in and do a joke now.)

E-mail may be arriving soon to request you take a few more pieces of
paper off my hands.