REQ: Post your favorite pen!

Old March 12th 10, 04:20 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Aaron W. Hsu[_3_]

Default REQ: Post your favorite pen!

Hey Everyone,

So, it's been quiet here, but I was just thinking that it would be really
cool if everyone could post up pictures of their favorite pens, either
their favorite no-use pen or their favorite pen that they use to write
with, maybe both? It would be interesting to see what everyone uses, as
well as the condition of the pen. Besides, I haven't seen enough action in
alt.binaries.pens-pencils. :-)

Aaron W. Hsu

--
A professor is one who talks in someone else's sleep.
Old March 16th 10, 12:11 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Alan J[_2_]

Default Post your favorite pen!

"Aaron W. Hsu" wrote in message
newsp.u9fp7wry0p3ku8@localhost...
Hey Everyone,

So, it's been quiet here, but I was just thinking that it would be really
cool if everyone could post up pictures of their favorite pens, either
their favorite no-use pen or their favorite pen that they use to write
with, maybe both? It would be interesting to see what everyone uses, as
well as the condition of the pen. Besides, I haven't seen enough action in
alt.binaries.pens-pencils. :-)

No picture, but I'm using a Sailor 1911 14K as my everyday pen. I got it in
2008, and it soon became a favourite.

--
replace zzz with 99

Old March 16th 10, 11:05 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Aaron W. Hsu[_3_]

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 19:11:31 -0400, Alan J wrote:

No picture, but I'm using a Sailor 1911 14K as my everyday pen.

Maybe a link to a picture somewhere? :-)

Aaron W. Hsu

--
A professor is one who talks in someone else's sleep.
Old March 17th 10, 02:08 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Alan J[_2_]

newsp.u9okzzrb0p3ku8@localhost...
wrote:

No picture, but I'm using a Sailor 1911 14K as my everyday pen.

Maybe a link to a picture somewhere? :-)

It's like the second one down in this link (the red one), but with a medium
nib:
http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/fo...y/page__st__15

--
replace zzz with 99

Old March 18th 10, 08:00 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Brian Ketterling

In newsp.u9fp7wry0p3ku8@localhost,
Aaron W. Hsu wrote:

So, it's been quiet here, but I was just thinking that it would be really
cool if everyone could post up pictures of their favorite pens...

...I haven't seen enough action in alt.binaries.pens-pencils. :-)

I've posted pics, not of a purdy show-off pen, but my real daily writer.
It's a Cross Radiance (M), showing the signs of the ~5 years it's spent in
my pocket. I treat my pens gently, but 4 years of jacking it in and out of
its pouch finally snapped the stem of the derby, due to the slight levering
action of the Radiance's fat cap band. The pen now wears a flat-banded Solo
cap -- and that's wearing away, too.

The top of the pellet is smoothed into an approximate XF, and the pen is
always filled with Noodler's Black. BTW, the other side of the pouch
carries a Radiance SelecTip with a liquid roller refill. It's intact,
albeit with a funky patina, because it's never used.

-- Brian

Old March 19th 10, 07:11 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Aaron W. Hsu[_3_]

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:00:46 -0400, Brian Ketterling
wrote:

I treat my pens gently, but 4 years of jacking it in and out of
its pouch finally snapped the stem of the derby, due to the slight
levering
action of the Radiance's fat cap band. The pen now wears a flat-banded
Solo
cap -- and that's wearing away, too.

I don't know, that's looking pretty good to me! Thanks for sharing. I
thought I had some photos of my daily writer around here, but I guess not.
I'll have to get some new ones up.

Aaron W. Hsu

--
A professor is one who talks in someone else's sleep.
Old April 9th 10, 02:30 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Brian Ketterling

In newsp.u9swszto0p3ku8@localhost,
Aaron W. Hsu wrote:

I thought I had some photos of my daily writer around here, but I guess
not. I'll have to get some new ones up.

Why not add a second pen to the compendium?

-- Brian

Old April 9th 10, 06:56 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
kwhiner

I have two favs: The first is my everyday pen I carry at work and
general purpose a Waterman Expert II Ballpoint. The other is a Black
with Palladium Shaeffer Legacy II.

kwhiner

Old April 9th 10, 08:02 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Aaron W. Hsu[_3_]

Aaron W. Hsu wrote:

I thought I had some photos of my daily writer around here, but I guess
not. I'll have to get some new ones up.

Why not add a second pen to the compendium?

Granted. I'm posting them to alt.binaries.pens-pencils now.

Aaron W. Hsu

--
A professor is one who talks in someone else's sleep.
Old April 9th 10, 10:27 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Aaron W. Hsu[_3_]

kwhiner writes:

I have two favs: The first is my everyday pen I carry at work and
general purpose a Waterman Expert II Ballpoint. The other is a Black
with Palladium Shaeffer Legacy II.

Hey, thanks for posting. I was wondering, do you find the transition
from ballpoint to fountain pen and back difficult? I always found it
difficult, which was why I moved to using a fountain pen as my daily
writer.

Aaron W. Hsu
--
A professor is one who talks in someone else's sleep.