FA: AMC / MPC notes

Old January 21st 07, 01:12 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Rick Thomas

Default FA: AMC / MPC notes

Putting up a bunch tonight for one week auctions on eBay.
Just search for "numismaddict" in the Military Payment
category or look at the following items coming on between
now and 10 pm tonight:

Series 100A 10 yen:

Series 100B 100 yen:

Series 472 5 and 10 cent

Italy series 1943 1 & 2 Lire

France series 1944 2, 5, 10 and 10 francs

Germany series 1944 10 mark

Germany series 1944 1, 1, and 5 mark

That's what happens when you clean out the safe!

Old January 25th 07, 11:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Rick Thomas

Default FA: AMC / MPC notes -- Possible counterfeit Series 100A 10 Yenor ?

Regarding my auction item (Series 100A Ten Yen MPC Extra
Fine) at:

mpc-ragpicker21 sent me an email stating that according to
Fred Schwan's 4th ed. MPC book there were only 14,566,000 of
these printed (see page 156), but the Serial # is 24544264
on my note (i.e. some 10 million too high.) I never thought
to check this and still don't know what to think. Could
this higher serial # series be a 2nd printing, or is the
note indeed a counterfeit? I sent a message asking this
question to Fred Schwan and David Seelye (two definite
experts in the field of MPC!) I have not yet heard back
from them.

The auction ends Sat. evening, but I would definitely want
to cancel it if the note is not as represented.

Any opinions or (even better) definitive knowledge on this?

Old January 26th 07, 03:58 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Ken Barr

In article , Rick Thomas
wrote:

Regarding my auction item (Series 100A Ten Yen MPC Extra
Fine) at:

mpc-ragpicker21 sent me an email stating that according to
Fred Schwan's 4th ed. MPC book there were only 14,566,000 of
these printed (see page 156), but the Serial # is 24544264
on my note (i.e. some 10 million too high.) I never thought
to check this and still don't know what to think. Could
this higher serial # series be a 2nd printing, or is the
note indeed a counterfeit? I sent a message asking this
question to Fred Schwan and David Seelye (two definite
experts in the field of MPC!) I have not yet heard back
from them.

The auction ends Sat. evening, but I would definitely want
to cancel it if the note is not as represented.

Any opinions or (even better) definitive knowledge on this?

The numbering did not necessarily start at 1, and was
not necessarily issued in sequence ...

Ferinstance, the Schwan "Comprehensive Catalog of Military
Payment Certificates" shows the quantity printed of the
Series 100 A 10 sen note as 7,616,000 ... but the note
illustrated in the catalog has a serial number greater
than 10 million, A10844926A to be precise ...

I doubt that that note is a counterfeit, or Fred wudda
mentioned it ...

--
Ken Barr Numismatics
P. O. Box 32541 website:
Old January 26th 07, 11:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Rick Thomas

Ken Barr wrote:
The numbering did not necessarily start at 1, and was
not necessarily issued in sequence ...

Ferinstance, the Schwan "Comprehensive Catalog of Military
Payment Certificates" shows the quantity printed of the
Series 100 A 10 sen note as 7,616,000 ... but the note
illustrated in the catalog has a serial number greater
than 10 million, A10844926A to be precise ...

I doubt that that note is a counterfeit, or Fred wudda
mentioned it ...

Thanks, Ken. I should have thought to ask you, too! But,
posting in rec.collecting.paper-money clearly worked.

Old January 27th 07, 01:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Rick Thomas

Last 12 hours for these, and I'm leaving the 10 yen up for
sale based on Ken Barr's response to my inquiry. And, I'm
even a little complimented that David Seelye (1mpcbuyer)
currently has the top bid on it. Somebody take it away from
him! :-)