Why?

Old October 14th 03, 08:08 PM
Bernhard Rich

Default Why?

Why do people clean their coins with a brillo pad?

Old October 14th 03, 08:42 PM
Stujoe

Bernhard Rich spoke thusly...
Why do people clean their coins with a brillo pad?

Because it is handier than the sandpaper out in the garage?

--
Stu Miller
Visit the Virtual Coin Museum (over 100 displays):
Old October 14th 03, 08:47 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

Stujoe wrote:

Bernhard Rich spoke thusly...
Why do people clean their coins with a brillo pad?

Because it is handier than the sandpaper out in the garage?

So they all match?

Alan
'scratch till shiny'
Old October 14th 03, 09:33 PM
Keith Fletcher

They want to use something more subtle than a drill with a wire brush on it.

--K

Old October 14th 03, 11:49 PM
Paul

To get to the other side.

Paul

Old October 15th 03, 12:50 AM
Byron L. Reed

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:08:57 -0400 (EDT),
(Bernhard Rich) wrote:

Why do people clean their coins with a brillo pad?

It's easier than steel wool because the blue soap is included.

BLReed

To email me click he
http://tinyurl.com/nd66
For collector coins and supplies at fair prices: http://tinyurl.com/pt9r
Cool things: http://www.byronreed.com/byrons_collections/default.htm
Talk bust coins: http://www.byronreed.com/phpBB2/index.php
Old October 15th 03, 02:41 AM
Chrysta Wilson

In article ,
says...
Why do people clean their coins with a brillo pad?

I don't. I prefer SOS, personally. ;o)
--
Chrysta Wilson

My Collection:
http://www.chrystawilson.com
Old October 15th 03, 10:40 AM
MorganCoin1

Why do people clean their coins with a brillo pad?

Because Brillo spent a wad on advertising while SOS merely sent smoke
signals...
--

-Sam, former director of the now abandoned Sam Morgan, ANA LM 5046 for ANA
governor 2003 movement.

Old October 17th 03, 11:22 AM
Wheeler

Stujoe wrote:

Bernhard Rich spoke thusly...
Why do people clean their coins with a brillo pad?

Because it is handier than the sandpaper out in the garage?

--
Stu Miller
Visit the Virtual Coin Museum (over 100 displays):
http://www.thestujoecollection.com/museum.htm
Contact Me (Newsgroup email addy is invalid):
http://www.thestujoecollection.com/contact.htm

Have you ever noticed how the cheap, paper backed sand paper from
Wally World falls apart after you get it wet? I tried some of the
more expensive sand paper that is made for wet applications, but
that stuff is to expensive for my blood.... Then I tried emery cloth
but I had to sand too much of the Morgans away....... So then I
tried the brillo pads, and that stuff works good!
Wheeler
Old October 22nd 03, 03:55 AM
Sleestak

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 20:33:59 GMT, "Keith Fletcher"
wrote:

They want to use something more subtle than a drill with a wire brush on it.

--K

"Bernhard Rich" wrote in message
Why do people clean their coins with a brillo pad?

Nah, not me. When my childhood interest in coin collecting resurfaced
earlier this year, I dug up the Eisenhowers I got in my Christmas
stockings in the early 70's and went down to the basement to spiff
them up with my Black & Decker Wizard. It gave 'em a "cool" kind of
shine! After joining a local coin club and learning that this coin
cleaning experiment was not such a bright idea after all, those Ikes
were promptly demoted to my 5-year-old's Whitman folder ...