CONTEST TIME !, get out your redbooks

Old August 24th 03, 03:59 AM
Dan769

Default CONTEST TIME !, get out your redbooks

Chrysta's contest made me think that it is time I had one of my own. This one
is gonna take a little effort on your part. The contest is to guess what coin
in my collection has the lowest mintage.To narrow down the list from thousands,
I have whittled it down to 105 coins to choose from. Here are some clues, the
coins is:

Not made of Gold
Not a commemorative
Not a half dime
Not a proof

The coin is:
Made in the USA for USA circulation
Minted after 1850
Containing a mintmark
Total mintage for the coin was less than 500,000

Disregard any coins thought of as unique(1873CC dime, 1873S half etc). If I
done my math this should leave 105 coins to choose from, give or take a couple.

I will give this contest until Thursday night 6:00pm Aug 28.
Winner will receive their choice of a 2000 mint set and 1944D Philippine 10
centavos and 1944S philippine 5 centavos coin(both grade range VF-XF) or
an 1886 Morgan dollar I grade MS 61-62 but what do I know, and an 1876CC dime
that grades good with slight porosity.

Only one guess per contestant. Contest is over with the first correct answer
In the rare event there is no winner, I'll let you know what will happen. If
I've overlooked anything, I'll fix it as we go.
Good Luck
Dan769
Old August 24th 03, 04:12 AM
Dan769

Everyone giving a incorrect answer will be in a random drawing for a prize
undetermined at press time.

Dan769
Old August 24th 03, 04:37 AM
Dan769

One more change since there are no replies. I will NOT reveal the winner until
Thurs. night, that way anyone answering incorrectly early on, the answer they
give will not be eliminated. If there are multiple correct answers they will be
random drawn on Thurs. night by my daughter.

Dan769
Old August 24th 03, 04:38 AM
Ed Hendricks

"Dan769" wrote in message

Only one guess per contestant. Contest is over with the first correct
answer In the rare event there is no winner, I'll let you know what
will happen. If I've overlooked anything, I'll fix it as we go.
Good Luck
Dan769

My guess is ........... 1852-O Dime.

--
Ed Hendricks
ANA# R178621

Old August 24th 03, 04:38 AM
Harv

"Dan769" wrote in message
[...]

The only thing you overlooked is saying whether you wanted posted or emailed
answers, so I'll send it both ways.. my guess is an 1893-S Morgan Dollar..

Harv

Old August 24th 03, 05:02 AM
Stujoe

In article , Dan769
spoke thusly...

Only one guess per contestant.

1873-CC Trade Dollar.
--
Stu Miller
Coins in the News - Coin Newspaper (Updated Daily):

Old August 24th 03, 05:47 AM
Larry Louks

Dan769 wrote:
The contest is to guess what coin in my collection has the lowest

mintage.

I'll guess the 1871-CC Seated Half.

-=LDL

Old August 24th 03, 06:33 AM
Michael Benveniste

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 23:02:53 -0500, Stujoe
wrote:

In article , Dan769
spoke thusly...

Only one guess per contestant.

1873-CC Trade Dollar.

That was going to be my guess, but it wasn't minted for U.S.
circulation. Instead, I'll go with an 1870CC Seated Dollar.

--
Michael Benveniste --
Spam and UCE professionally evaluated for $250. Use this email