Testing

Old November 24th 04, 12:48 AM
Rodney

Default Testing

My ISP has server problems.
Please reply if you can read this.
I will post once a day to check
Thanks, Rod.

Old November 24th 04, 03:27 AM
WhoCares

I can see it!

Old November 24th 04, 04:48 AM
Rodney

Finally my server is up and running. Yay!
Thanks for the advice, and thanks George!

I was unable to post to a normal "test" site
as our server just had problems with the RCSD link.
I could post to all other NG's.

Old November 24th 04, 05:33 AM
Jay T. Carrigan

Please use a test group rather than an active discussion group.
The best one is 'test', but any group with the word 'test' in
its name will do.

In article , says...

Old November 24th 04, 09:15 AM
amesh \(Mette\)

"Rodney" skrev i en meddelelse
My ISP has server problems.
Please reply if you can read this.
I will post once a day to check
Thanks, Rod.

Rod, I read you fine :-)
Mette

Old November 24th 04, 10:22 AM
Rodney

Yay! I am back among the living

What odds would you give, on the occurence that,
on the very day I installed the new Anti Virus AVG,
my ISP has a glitch with his server?

I spent (groan) Hours and hours trying to find a solution
that wasn't connected to my computer.

Old November 24th 04, 10:35 AM
TC Blair

"Rodney" wrote in message ...
Finally my server is up and running. Yay!
Thanks for the advice, and thanks George!

I was unable to post to a normal "test" site
as our server just had problems with the RCSD link.
I could post to all other NG's.

| I can see it!

shhhh! It's a conspiracy , Rodney.

All groups but RCSD available.

Some coincidence. 38*O

Now to the topic of "Conspiracies on stamps"

USA - conspiracy cinderella
http://tinyurl.com/6yfu2

Bermuda - Gunpowder Plot
Scott SG
329-332 335-338 1975 Gunpowder Plot
332a MS339 1975 Gunpowder Plot (ss)

Norfolk Island - Mutiny on the Bounty
http://i12.ebayimg.com/01/i/01/f6/c3/7f_1_b.JPG

Pitcairn Island - Mutiny on the Bounty
http://library.puc.edu/pitcairn/imag...rn-bi-cent.jpg

..... and finally, from New Orleans ....

New Orleans, August 8, 1996

Pynchon Postage Puzzles Experts

by V. Bugatti, New Orleans Bayou-Tribune

In a lecture given at the Fiat Lux graphic arts and sciences
convention held here in New Orleans August 4-9, detective Cati Laporte
unveiled a set of postage stamps which prove that the Thomas Pynchon
novel isn't so fictitious after all.

Often written off along with other conspiracy theory novels, Thomas
Pynchon's The Crying of Lot 49 describes a renegade postal system
which produces unsettling stamps that ridicule the status quo. These
very stamps have been discovered by Cati Laporte, a New York based
independant detective who specializes in locating lost icons, such as
theses stamps.

Ms. Laporte discovered the stamps among a collection which was
purchased by one of her clients through an estate auction, she
declined to state the name of the client or of the auction at which
the stamps were purchased. Several stamp experts have been contacted
to help determine the authenticity of the stamps.

"These stamps are irrefutable proof that the underground Post Office
described in Thomas Pynchon's novel did indeed exist." said Dr.
Franklin B. Israel, a former federal employee and current professor of
criminology and document anaylsis at George Washington University.

Others are not so sure. G.F. Sebastian of the Smithsonian Institute
has also analyzed the stamps and believes them to be recently
produced. "I'm certain these stamps were produced in the last ten
years", Mr. Sebastian claimed, "there never was any Lot 49, it's just
a novel."

While the debate about the authenticity of the stamps remains open for
document analyists and historians, some claim that there is no
question the stamps are genuine. "I worked as a postal inspector for
fifty years, and I know for a fact that the Lot 49 conspiracy did
exist, and with some amount of success. First the Postmaster General,
and later the F.B.I., supressed the records about our investigation."
stated formal U.S.P.S. employee George H. Huntington.

The lecture at Fiat Lux described the antisocial aspects of the stamp
designs and explained the truths within the fictionalization of the
conspiracy in Pynchon's novel. Some conference attendees were unaware
of this underground postal conspiracy, the predecessor to many
mail-art and mail-fraud movements today, but others were sufficiently
informed to be astounded by the findings.

"This is an unbelievable discovery," said Fox M. Carter of Canada's
Advanced Imaging Laboratory, "proof that this conspiracy existed is
proof that the U.S. government had supressed their evidence about it.

If they did that with the Lot 49 incident, what other
fictionalizations are merely attempts by clever people to leak the
truth in a veil of fiction?" While the debate rages about the
authenticity of the stamps in the academic world, Ms. Laporte is
displaying the stamps which she believes are genuine. "Some people
think they're fakes," she said, "but there is a lot of cynicism today.
People want to seem smarter than their friends, so they ignore the
evidence and claim to have the answers."

The stamps will be on display until the 9th at the Fiat Lux
conference, located in the downtown Marriott. For event information
call the Fiat Lux hotline at 588-2682.

Blair Stannard (TC)

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they are NOT out to
get you."
Old November 24th 04, 01:44 PM
Rodney

Blair, I havn't read the remainder of the post yet,
but just to let you know, I did wonder!
I thought I must have offended Kaleb or whoever
with too many postings

I mean, really. I could post to every other NG
I could post to RCSD! but nobody else could read them!
I made 14 posts with no answers, thought I, not the flavour of the Month!!

The annoying thing is, the ISP was not courteous in advising
us of their problems. We spend hours trying to fix something
that is not broken (Grrrr)

Here is their advice (4 days after sending a query)

Task # : 1148526
Category : Email Request
Owner : Jasper O (Helpdesk email)
Creator : rodney
Response added at 20:09:35 22-Nov-2004 (WST) by Jasper O

Hello,

I understand there is a problem with our news group server,
which describes the same symptons you are having, although
this should be resolved within the next couple of days. Sorry for any inconvience.

Team @ EFTel

Old November 24th 04, 06:09 PM
TC Blair

"Rodney" wrote in message ...
Blair, I havn't read the remainder of the post yet,
but just to let you know, I did wonder!
I thought I must have offended Kaleb or whoever
with too many postings

I mean, really. I could post to every other NG
I could post to RCSD! but nobody else could read them!
I made 14 posts with no answers, thought I, not the flavour of the Month!!

The annoying thing is, the ISP was not courteous in advising
us of their problems. We spend hours trying to fix something
that is not broken (Grrrr)

Here is their advice (4 days after sending a query)

Task # : 1148526
Category : Email Request
Owner : Jasper O (Helpdesk email)
Creator : rodney
Response added at 20:09:35 22-Nov-2004 (WST) by Jasper O

Hello,

I understand there is a problem with our news group server,
which describes the same symptons you are having, although
this should be resolved within the next couple of days. Sorry for any inconvience.

Team @ EFTel

| shhhh! It's a conspiracy , Rodney.
|
| All groups but RCSD available.
|
| Some coincidence. 38*O
|

| Now to the topic of "Conspiracies on stamps"

Helpful bunch, aren't they.

Blair
Old November 25th 04, 12:59 AM
Rodney

Blair......I am finding this, just a little hard to comprehend!

They must have been issued from the PO, located on the grassy knoll ?

I think V Buggatti, has had too much Southern Likker!

testing Wes Hockey 0 December 21st 04 10:56 AM
testing peter1 General 0 May 31st 04 03:50 PM
Testing ItsaHit4U Baseball 0 January 31st 04 07:56 PM
testing MarkR Coins 0 October 3rd 03 05:57 AM