In Person Successes

Old November 11th 07, 02:06 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Craig

Default In Person Successes

There was a big tribute show to Jerry Lee Lewis last night and there
were tons of "legends" in attendance. I got the following:

Country "legend" Sleepy Labeef signed two cards for me. A very nice
guy who posed for photos and seemed more than happy to meet fans. He
was being followed by a film crew for a documentary or something so
there is video of us talking for a few mintues. (Maybe it'll make the
cut)

Terry Adams of NRBQ, Wanda Jackson and Narvel Felts also signed.

I also got Chrissie Hynde of the Pretenders. She signed an LP for
me. One fan asked to take a pciture with her and she said "NO I don't
think so" and the guy went up next to her and got his picture taken
anyway. She looked ****ed when the photo was snapped LOL

Kris Kristofferson was also a gracious signer. Wish I had gotten a
photo with him but he was "running late" He did sign my stuff,
though: a photo from Planet of the Apes he was impressed with, Sports
Illustrated with him and Burt Reynolds on the cover, and Songs of
Kristofferson LP.

The man of the evening, Jerry Lee Lewis, blew us off three times.
Once at the airport, arriving at the hotel and leaving the hotel. The
limo driver slowed at the airport and he had ample opportuinty to roll
down the window and sign but didn't. At the hotel the driver said we
"blew it" because Jerry Lee wasgoing to say hi but he saw we had pens
LOL I guess it was OK to have the LPs in hand but a Sharpie freaked
him out!

Last success of the evening was Jimmy Swaggart. I had an LP for him
to sign and he said "You must have walked a long way to find this!" I
was tempted to say No, just the mailbox. haha He signed the LP and
an index card, which I will probably mount with a photo and the
passage from Romans 3:23. (Look it up if you don't know it) He was
very friendly, which you would expect him to be.

That's it and thanks for reading my post!

Craig

Old November 11th 07, 08:12 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

yeah, jerry used to be really, really nice..he's gotten really tough
these days and wants nothing to do with it at all anymore...ever since
his career has taken off again, he's tough...
mike love of the beach boys has started to be the same way, calling
people the "ebay boys."
you used to be able to buy jerry's autograph on some great photos on
his website for like $10, but i think he's even stopped that.
autographs don't interest him any longer.

Old November 11th 07, 08:13 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

oh
and this was a GREAT post..love hearing when chrissie signs...she is
usually very unhappy to take pictures with people. i've personally
never seen her be willing to do so..i don't have one. but she's gotten
equally tough about signing...it's good to hear that you got her.

Old November 11th 07, 08:29 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

So funny you mention Mike Love; my friend from Australia just go him
like a day or two ago in the airport and not only did he sign etc, he
was talking for a while with him about varying things. Actually, he
went out of his way to be nice to my friend who actually excused
himself so Mike wouldn't miss boarding.

Old November 11th 07, 08:31 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Nice recap Craig; nice scores too. Too bad about Jerry Lee Lewis
though. Maybe we all should hide the markers till they come over and
then whip them out. But I have to wonder why he'd think someone had
albums with no markers? Maybe he thought you were going to give them
to him as a gift.

Old November 11th 07, 08:40 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

ahh! ebay could be an american thing...i remember going to rock in rio
SEVERAL years ago and many of the bands were much nicer to me than
they were in the u.s. with michael stipe saying "i doubt there are
ebay dealers here." and if you know anything about graphs, michael
stipe really doesn't sign at all...
as for mike love, he used to be SOOOOOOO nice, and probably still is.
ebay just probably gets to him after a while. i'm sure it's like that
with just about everyone...

yeah, i don't think it was the markers, just jerry not wanting to be
bothered. like i said, he used to sign everything until his career
took off again (he's constantly touring now). and shoot, that's
nothing..i had bob dylan sign a poster for me once, and just before
the pen hit the paper, he flipped the marker over and signed my poster
with the non ink side of the pen, told me "there you go kid." and
walked away.

In person Successes Bob Autographs 8 November 15th 05 06:36 PM
In Person Successes [email protected] Autographs 7 August 12th 05 01:23 PM
SuCCeSSeS - TTM & IN-PERSON Todd F. Autographs 0 March 2nd 04 08:53 AM
In Person Successes CraigAK62 Autographs 1 October 20th 03 01:19 AM
In Person Successes CraigAK62 Autographs 8 August 26th 03 12:29 AM