my ami e-120 seems to be baxkwards

Old January 27th 11, 12:22 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
em pinball

Default my ami e-120 seems to be baxkwards

my transformer went out. replaced it as well as the rectifier. noticed
the cable from the carriage box to the junction block had a bunch of
bad wires so replaced it with a good one. when i turn it on the record
platter turns. all fuses looks okay. funny thing is if i push one of
the selector pins down as to make carriage move it shuts down the
platter and shurs off the amp. just seems backwards. any idea what i
did wrong. thanks norm
Old January 27th 11, 03:20 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

On Jan 27, 10:22*am, em pinball wrote:
my transformer went out. replaced it as well as the rectifier. noticed
the cable from the carriage box to the junction block had a bunch of
bad wires so replaced it with a good one. when i turn it on the record
platter turns. all fuses looks okay. funny thing is if i push one of
the selector pins down as to make carriage move it shuts down the
platter and shurs off the amp. just seems backwards. any idea what i
did wrong. thanks norm

If it came from a different model machine, it might be differently
wired.
You will probably have to trace it back on the old one and compare.

It could also be shorting something out when you activate the switch,
this short might not necessarily be directly across the DC power, but
IIRC due to the thin
wire used in these machines, and a possible high fuse value?, due to
the resistance of the wire used
there may not be enough current in a short further down the line to
blow the fuse even if the short was directly across the DC line..

You might want to measure the current being drawn when this happens.

IIRC on the G-80 the bail switches (that detect when any select lever
is set) turn on the TT motor
and the cam switch on transfer arm turns on the amp, so it should
never change state except via the transfer arm.

Then again this is an E - and I have never worked on one and could be
totally different system.

Old January 29th 11, 01:19 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
em pinball

On Jan 26, 9:20*pm, kreed wrote:
[...]

Finally got this thing working pretty good. i found a wire i forgot to
hook up in the junction box. now my only problem is my buttons. not to
many working. thanks for the help norm

Ami E 120 wendlandt Juke Boxes 2 January 14th 11 09:27 PM
FS: AMI J-120 & AMI K-200 at Allentown Pa Vintage Pinballs Juke Boxes 1 May 6th 07 11:35 PM
FS- AMI F-120 Chris Frame Juke Boxes 1 September 18th 05 03:42 AM
AMI G-120 EM PINBALL Juke Boxes 0 November 28th 04 02:33 PM
AMI I 120 FS classic-tech Juke Boxes 0 August 14th 03 03:12 PM