Rowe CD-100, its got me stumped!!

Old January 15th 11, 12:29 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

Default Rowe CD-100, its got me stumped!!

On Jan 14, 8:34*pm, Alan Hood
wrote:
kreed;668149 Wrote:

On Jan 14, 2:43*am, andrew96
wrote:-
Hi Kreed (john)

many thanks for the extra infomation, the relay idea is worth thinking
about for sure!

i did find out what the problem was today and have posted it above,
but
to recap it was a earth connection on the plug that supplys 0v from
the
CCC board to the mech board! was strange as leds on the mech board all
showed it was ok! (well apart from the board error light) everything
else lit as it should! but as this is the return for all supply lines
it
carrys all current frm all supplies, no wonder the pin arced!

Just one other question, i have managed to find updated firmware for
the
ccc board (v4.3 mine was v2.1) but i cannot find anywhere on the net
the
mech updated version, my mech currently has v2.1 and uses the CDM3
laser
on both cd100 and the hideaway, anyone know of the latest version that
will work and where i can download the file from? as far as i
understand
v2.4 for the mech is the latest?? or is there later? would it be
better
to post his question in a new post?
-
2.4 is the latest that I have seen. * These players disappeared from
production about 1992-3 or so,
and I doubt that much more updating was done on them after then except
to fix obvious bugs.

4.3 is the latest CCC ROM that i have seen and that was about 2005 I
obtained it.

-
Is there anywhere in the UK i can get the CDM12 mod kit? my CDM3 is
currently working great but wondered if there was anywhere to get the
new version?

many thanks again to everyone that helped

Andrew

--
andrew96-

Hello Andrew,

If the CDM3 is working I would leave well alone.

I would fully agree with that. These are good players, usually their
only
problem is dry joints.

Being as you live in the UK I would check outwww.jukeboxparts.co.uk
Leon Reader who owns this site is fair and honest. Up in the North East
is a company called Herondata, he used to sell CDM3, CDM4, CDM12 etc
they were used but garanteed working (sorry re his details).

If you need any work on your boards in the future please feel free to
contact me.

Regards
Alan Hood (ami-man)
Games Unlimited & Datex Systems