Rowe R-92 Jukebox - Painting Tips needed

Old April 23rd 08, 08:02 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
elkridge pinball

Default Rowe R-92 Jukebox - Painting Tips needed

Anyone ever try to paint an R-92?

I have the brown version, which does not fit with everything else and
would like to change it to the blue version out there.

Anybody have any suggestions or tips or "Don't even try it"????

Thanks

Old April 26th 08, 09:34 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

On Apr 26, 2:41 am, elkridge pinball wrote:
On Apr 23, 3:02 pm, elkridge pinball wrote:

Anyone ever try to paint an R-92?

I have the brown version, which does not fit with everything else and
would like to change it to the blue version out there.

Anybody have any suggestions or tips or "Don't even try it"????

Thanks

Anyone?

We have done them with automotive spray cans, like you get at "super
cheap" (if you can stand rubbing shoulders with bogans looking for
parts for their rusty VL Commodores) or "Autobarn", Repco etc Just
make sure all is thoroughly clean and dry before starting, and if
needed, sand lightly. 3 coats usually do it.

Dont do it on really humid day or you will get a "furry" looking
finish, rather than glossy.

Old April 27th 08, 12:47 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken G.

I dont know what the surfaces look like you are doing ....

I have found our local sign shops have real good quality vinyl in roles
in any colors . This vinyl is outdoor quality for signs . If you have
surfaces that will accept stick on sheets of vinyl ??

Old April 27th 08, 03:27 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
elkridge pinball

On Apr 26, 7:47*pm, (Ken G.) wrote:
I dont know what the surfaces look like you are doing ....

I have found our local sign shops have real good quality vinyl in roles
in any colors . This vinyl is outdoor quality for signs . If you have
surfaces that will accept stick on sheets of vinyl ??

It has a rough finish, so vinyl probably will not work.

Gonna give spray paint a shot on an area on the inside.

Thanks all
Old April 27th 08, 04:46 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

On Apr 27, 9:27�am, elkridge pinball wrote:
On Apr 26, 7:47�pm, (Ken G.) wrote:

I dont know what the surfaces look like you are doing ....

I have found our local sign shops have real good quality vinyl in roles
in any colors . This vinyl is outdoor quality for signs . If you have
surfaces that will accept stick on sheets of vinyl ??

It has a rough finish, so vinyl probably will not work.

Gonna give spray paint a shot on an area on the inside.

Thanks all

I have parts available from the blue version.

Mike