Is anyone else fed up...

Old October 31st 04, 02:55 PM
Jon Doyle

Jeff Jacob is still posting the faq -- it was last posted on October
8th. Not sure how often he's been posting it, but given the activity
around here (or lack thereof) I think he's been doing an admirable job.

Jon

Paul B. wrote:

Kevin,
I don't think there IS a moderator now - there used to be a FAQ regularly
posted, but that seems to have stopped. (though if there IS one, and he/she
is reading this, please post a note to say "Hi!")

I know there are other discussion resources out there (heck, I'm on some of
them!) but it would be a shame if this area died the death of a thousand
spamtraps...
Au Res.,
Paul

--
http://www.efbenson.co.uk/
http://www.paulbines.co.uk

Old October 31st 04, 02:58 PM
Jon Doyle

It's a combo group -- discussion and buy/sell/trade.

There is a specific card discussion group
(rec.collecting.cards.discuss), but it was mostly taken over by sports
card folks so we non-sport folks pretty much stuck around here.

Jon

Over_worked Mom wrote:

I don't think this was ever a moderated group, but I know I left a
long time ago because of all the junk I had to wade through just to
read something relevant. My question is this though : Is this group
primarily for SELLING/TRADING of Non-Sport cards, or is it for
Discussion?

(kevin le pore) wrote in message ...

Hi paul ,

Yeah , Does anybody moderate this site????
thought it was for posting about non sport trading cards and that kinda
stuff...

Kevin

Old October 31st 04, 03:09 PM
Lynne Stewart

What Jon said Both are allowed. And I don't have a problem with either
ads or chats, jsut not so much of one or the other. If I could PICK, which I
can't, I'd like to see more blended postings..meaning..don't list each item
you have seperate (and over and over), but I don't get to pick, just whine

Lynne

Old October 31st 04, 04:00 PM
Joanna Kohlbus

And I love your whining, since you listen to me whine all the time I was
just curious since I saw the other group and wanted to know the differences.

Well, hopefully I'll have more interesting things to say But not right
now..

Old November 2nd 04, 04:24 AM
BH

Hi all, I'm not on all the time, but I'll be happy to chat about cards
with you. When I see a thread i'll add my 2 cents worth (and you can
always correct me if I'm wrong, lol).

Barry

Lynne Stewart wrote:

Well, tell your frineds They can always google it

wrote in message

Count me in too :+)

Aside from the spam, part of the problem I think, from a few years ago,
is that some of the larger ISP's now have their own 'groups'...and don't
provide direct Usenet access. So lots of folks don't even know 'we'
exist here.

But let's give it a go, and see if we can revive this place a little.

Byrna