Seeburg R remote speaker

Old June 9th 06, 10:15 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Default Seeburg R remote speaker

I purchased a single TWI Seeburg speaker for my Seeburg juke and I
have not been able to correctly hook it up. There is an unlabeled bank
of terminals on the juke amp providing 4 locations, and on the speaker
there are terminals labeled A, B, ground and 4 screws labeled 1,4, 8
and 16 watts(these are 4 screws with a 5th screw in the middle). If
anyone can tell me what goes to what, I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks

Old June 10th 06, 02:38 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

The A & B terminals on the amp are for a 70.7 volt "constant voltage" (CV)
speaker system. You can connect 1 or more speakers that have an internal 70.7
volt transformer (i.e., that have A & B terminals) to the A & B terminals on
the amp. If you have more than one external speaker they must be connected in
parallel to the A & B terminals.

Each CV speaker will have a means to select the load that speaker will draw
from the line (1, 4, 8, or 16 watts). You connect a jumper between that fifth
screw and the 1, 4, 8, or 16 position to select the power draw for that
speaker.

The L & G terminals on the amp are for direct connection of low-impedance
speakers. A load impedance of 16 ohms will draw 8 watts, while a load
impedance of 8 ohms will draw 16 watts.

The jukebox amp can deliver a total of 25 watts output power to the cabinet
speaker AND all external speakers. You should set the speaker power switch on
the amplifier to a value no higher than the total of 25 watts minus all
external speakers. For example, if you had one remote speaker set at 16
watts, the speaker power switch would be set at 8.

(If the terminals on the amp are not labeled it is likely the white paint that
marked them has been washed or worn off. The terminals are A, B, G, L from
left to right when you have the amp in a position where you can read the
markings on the speaker power selector switch.)

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

Old June 10th 06, 03:58 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Tony,

Thanks again for your response. I have tried connecting the speaker
this way, but still no luck, I am not getting any sound from it. (A on
speaker terminal to A on Amp and B on speaker terminal to B on Amp ,no
connection using the ground terminal on the speaker and the jumper on
the speaker is set to 16 wats). One thing making things a bit harder is
that the knob for the speaker power on the amp is missing. Sill I am
able to move the post using a pliers. If I change the power to anyting
but 25, I then lose sound to the juke speakers. When I change the power
to any of the other setting I lose the sound to the juke speakers, but
still not get sound to the Seeburg TWI remote speaker. Any further
advice?

thanks,
Jerry

Old June 11th 06, 12:05 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

The first thing that I'd check is whether or not you have the original output
transformer on the amp. That would be pretty obvious from the appearance; it
should look similar in construction and color to the power transformer next to
it. Also check under the chassis to see if there are wires actually connected
to that 4-position screw terminal strip.

If you're losing sound when you turn the speaker level knob it's quite
possible someone may have replaced the original multi-winding output
transformer with a generic replacement. Then again, perhaps the speaker level
control is physically damaged inside the chassis (that happens quite often).

Tony

Old June 12th 06, 11:23 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

If the output transformer has been replaced, the real issue here is the
impedance of the connected speaker load. The replacement transformer is
probably wired for an 8 ohm load, and may or may not have provisions for using
a different load (4 or 16 ohms). If the replacement transformer does have
multiple outputs, you could connect a Seeburg "RS" series remote speaker, as
that has (I believe) a fixed low impedance input (8 ohms, I believe).

Tony

In article .com,
wrote:
Looking for the simplist solution, if the output transformer has been
replaced(now just outputting 25 watts) and/or the speaker level control
is damaged, is there any remote speaker other than the Seeburg TWI that
can run on the 25 watts the amp is putting out?
(assuming there are wires connected to the terminal-this I will have to
check)

thanks,
Jerry