Wurlitzer 1700 - need to ask a few restore questions

Old April 11th 16, 05:30 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Mike Perva

Default Wurlitzer 1700 - need to ask a few restore questions

Hello All:

I am restoring a Wurlitizer 1700 and I need to ask a few questions.

I have rebuilt all the mechanical parts and am wondering if there is a way to test the record changer assy to make sure I have it put together correctly. Can I run it with power? I want to not break any teeth on the gears or anything else. I cant put it into the cabinet because that will lead to question 2.

The cabinet suffered some water damage and I will have to replace both sides of the cabinet. One side is so warped and twisted that it not fixable or usable for a template. The other side is better, but I was wondering if anyone might have a template of the sides. I am also open to other ideas on remaking these.

Any help will be great.
Thanks
Mike

--
*The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and
confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the person(s)
Old April 11th 16, 07:09 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

On 04/10/2016 9:30 PM, Mike Perva wrote:
Hello All:

I am restoring a Wurlitizer 1700 and I need to ask a few questions.

I have rebuilt all the mechanical parts and am wondering if there is a way to test the record changer assy to make sure I have it put together correctly. Can I run it with power? I want to not break any teeth on the gears or anything else. I cant put it into the cabinet because that will lead to question 2.

The cabinet suffered some water damage and I will have to replace both sides of the cabinet. One side is so warped and twisted that it not fixable or usable for a template. The other side is better, but I was wondering if anyone might have a template of the sides. I am also open to other ideas on remaking these.

Any help will be great.
Thanks
Mike

I've done the initial tests by hand - turning the knurled shaft that
comes out the rear of the gear motor.

Tedious, but reveals jams. Also don't forget that the motor reverses
once it trips the switch after the search arm engages a pin.

If you are lazier, use a battery screwdriver type drill that has a
torque adjustment and set the torque to just enough to spin the motor
shaft. Clockwise for the select cycle, counter-clockwise to put record
into play, etc.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com

Looking for parts for my wurlitzer 1700H restore Mike Perva Juke Boxes 10 April 8th 16 11:31 AM
F.S. Wurlitzer 1700 EmTee Juke Boxes 1 February 3rd 10 12:00 AM
Wurlitzer 1800 Restore stoli Juke Boxes 1 July 29th 05 05:44 PM
Trying to Restore Wurlitzer 3600 Superstar Chris Mar Juke Boxes 2 June 17th 04 07:00 PM
Wurlitzer 1900 Restore Question Pudealee Juke Boxes 0 February 17th 04 01:38 AM