wurlitzer 2500 33 rpm problem

Old August 26th 10, 09:56 PM
mario p mario p is offline
Junior Member

Default wurlitzer 2500 33 rpm problem

hi,
I have a 164 kit installed in my 2500, but it will only play 33 rpm records at 45 rpm speed. 45's play fine. Any ideas?
Old August 27th 10, 06:28 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

mario p wrote:
hi,
I have a 164 kit installed in my 2500, but it will only play 33 rpm
records at 45 rpm speed. 45's play fine. Any ideas?

Are your 33's punched out to the 45RPM hole size? The machine chooses
which speed to play via the size of the hole - 1/4" = 33RPM, larger is
45RPM. This is an electromechanical operation...so a switch is involved
in the choice and has to change state depending on how far the spindle
goes into the record hole...

John :-#)

www.flippers.com
Old January 20th 11, 07:47 PM
Bob Raney Bob Raney is offline
Member

Location: Southern Ca
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Robertson View Post
mario p wrote:
hi,
I have a 164 kit installed in my 2500, but it will only play 33 rpm
records at 45 rpm speed. 45's play fine. Any ideas?

Are your 33's punched out to the 45RPM hole size? The machine chooses
which speed to play via the size of the hole - 1/4" = 33RPM, larger is
45RPM. This is an electromechanical operation...so a switch is involved
in the choice and has to change state depending on how far the spindle
goes into the record hole...

John :-#)

www.flippers.com
My jukebox has two different size belts. One size for the 45 rpm speed and the other for the 33 rpm speed.