Rowe CD-100c - newbie - need help

Old April 18th 20, 06:35 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Dave A

Default Rowe CD-100c - newbie - need help

Hi,
I purchased a Rowe cd-100c and it "was" working perfectly for months. Then I seemed to get multiple issues on the same day. (pages not turning in one direction, play odometer counting continuously, and now not playing at all)

This is the message:
checksum = 6A00
ram test passed
ram error 1
CCC MAy
malfunction
unless ram
corrected
see replacing
CCC EPROM IN
service manual
7

Any suggestions as to what I can try?

Thank you for you time.
Old April 18th 20, 08:34 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

On 2020/04/18 10:35 a.m., Dave A wrote:
Hi,
I purchased a Rowe cd-100c and it "was" working perfectly for months. Then I seemed to get multiple issues on the same day. (pages not turning in one direction, play odometer counting continuously, and now not playing at all)

This is the message:
checksum = 6A00
ram test passed
ram error 1
CCC MAy
malfunction
unless ram
corrected
see replacing
CCC EPROM IN
service manual
7

Any suggestions as to what I can try?

Thank you for you time.

First I would see if the battery in the CCC is any good...you probably
want to replace it. I have not tried replacing the CMOS RAM with NVRAM
RAM (no battery needed!), but if it uses a 5101 then our NVRAM here
should work fine:

https://www.flippers.com/catalog/pro...-module-p-8734

After that it likely needs service, but a replacement EPROM may work -
you need to get the exact same part number to be safe. I have most
EPROMs for these machines, you can email me about that $20US plus
shipping normally covers the cost.

Hope this helps!

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com
Old April 19th 20, 02:30 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Dave A

On Saturday, April 18, 2020 at 3:34:36 PM UTC-4, John Robertson wrote:
[...]

Thank you for taking the time. I will try the battery then contact you about the EPROM.