V200 3WA wallbox hookup mystery

Old August 8th 03, 05:06 PM
Randy P.

Default V200 3WA wallbox hookup mystery

I've got a supposedly-working V-3WA wallbox and an apparently-working V200,
connected with the three-conductor color-coded cable and the
three-flat-prong plug. When powered up, everything seems to look fine, and
when I drop a quarter into the wallbox and make a selection, the motor
rotates but I get no response on my V200.

Can anyone offer me a hint on what to look for? I'm wondering if it may be
something along these lines:

1. Although the wallbox was sold as a V-3WA, it does say D-3WA on the front
plate (though this could just be a mix-and-match issue, and the serial
number plate on the box itself is worn beyond recognition).

I've got the install/op manual for these, but I can't figure out the
difference so I don't know for sure which model my wallbox is.

2. My juke is set for 3 plays for a quarter, but the wallbox only gives me
two plays for a quarter. Do they need to be set up the same or is this
irrelevant?

3. Although my V200 (purchased from Victory Glass, restored) is working
perfectly as far as I can tell, is it possible (or likely) that the problem
is with the V200 rather than the wallbox? E.g. is there a circuit in the
V200 that isn't needed for non-wallbox use but that *is* needed when you
hook up a wallbox, and maybe that circuit was never tested or is missing
entirely?

Any thoughts or suggestions are most appreciated. Thanks!!!

Randy
pinball at thepecks dot com

Old August 8th 03, 11:48 PM
Arthur Dent

Yes, the V200 has some circuits that are only used for wallboxes.
It also may depend on if your V200 has the modifcation to let it use 2050
tubes instead of 2D21 tubes.
I think it changes the Receiver from a TSR1-L6 to a TSR3-L6.
Sometimes the tube or tubes needed for wallbox operation are removed if
there are no wallboxes.
I have a VL200 but haven't hooked up my wallbox yet.
Hope this helps.
Glen