"Ping" Victor About International Abuses In The Congo - Discussion (w/ Stamps!)

Old August 6th 08, 01:16 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Default SNA. META. Inside conversations

"bc92"
One is never sure about his news posting beeing correct, I assume that my
signature is delimited by a correct dash-dash-blank ? Should anybody else
see that problem, please let me know.

This is what I see
http://cjoint.com/data/igcpn7kppe.htm

Old August 6th 08, 01:39 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

and whilst on the subject,
why does everybody seem to send private emails in HTML?

It is so easy to opt for plain text

Tools / options / send / plain text

Old August 6th 08, 10:39 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
bc92

"rodney" wrote :

"bc92"
One is never sure about his news posting beeing correct, I assume
that my signature is delimited by a correct dash-dash-blank ?
Should anybody else see that problem, please let me know.

This is what I see
http://cjoint.com/data/igcpn7kppe.htm

OK, there is a problem. Thanks, Rodney.

--
Best regards,
Bruno

Old August 6th 08, 12:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Clayton[_2_]

In a recent message "rodney" wrote:

and whilst on the subject,
why does everybody seem to send private emails in HTML?

It is so easy to opt for plain text

Tools / options / send / plain text

I suspect it is the default setting.

HTML comes up as gibberish on my bug-proof browser.

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :
Old August 8th 08, 09:34 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_3_]

Default I don't want to die. Was: Communism on Stamps - Lumumba(?).

On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 20:23:05 +0200, Victor Manta wrote:

and any similarity with the thesis of groups like Earth First, etc.,

Victor, that *is* being touchy, and I need to insert some facts.

Earth First is a decentralized group that does not maintain a roster,
collect dues, or in any other way have central leadership, elected or
otherwise. To be an "Earth Firster", you need only declare yourself
one. Likewise, the group cannot expel you. It's like the Yugoslav Study
Group to which I "belong", just by declaring myself interested.

The vast majority of "Earth Firsters" are not insane people who want to
destroy all of humanity. I assure you of that. The vast majority do
things such as paint stencils on drains that say such things as "Do not
dump // Drains to ocean", and shop from local farmers for their fruit and
veg. They aren't spiking trees or engineering bio-weapons.

I don't declare myself an "Earth Firster", nor do I have a monkeywrench-
crossed-with-tomahawk tattoo on my ankle, but I have much in common with
(the non-insane majority of) those who do (being a registered Green, for
instance.)

--
Joshua H. McGee, Los Angeles, California, USA
Member: APS, ATA, ISWSC, AFDCS, MBPC, MCC, BPS