Arrogant Ebay

Old October 28th 03, 02:35 AM
James McCown

"Frank Provasek" wrote in message y.com...
Woe to anyone who calls Helen Wallace a dumb twit. She (with her
late husband R.E. "Bob" Wallace) has one of the biggest stamp and coin
businesses
in the U.S.
Wallace Stamps and Coins has been around since 1948, probably
before you were born, since you act like you are about 15.

I remember Wallace. He had his store in downtown Fort Worth.

Many dealers overgrade coins, but Wallace was the most flagrant
overgrader I have ever seen. I went to look at a large cent he told me
was "VF" over the phone. The obverse was AG3, the reverse was basal
state, almost slick.
Old October 28th 03, 07:35 AM
RipCurl

"Paul Asofsky" wrote in message
om...

RARE COIN AUCTIONS NO MINIMUMS http://frankcoins.com
Ebay Powerseller FRANKCOINS Texas Auction License 11259
Board member of Texas Coin Dealers Association, Fort Worth Coin Club.
Member: Texas Numismatic Assoc, American Numismatic Assoc.

Most serious collectors consider an email about new purchases as a favor.

Ebay thinks they have the right to control who you send mail to.
This is done for their financial benefit, not to prevent annoyance of

their
members.

Uh . No.
You agreed when you signed up that you would not "bother" anyone ( either a
previous winner of your auction, potential bidders, or runner ups) that you
wouldn't spam them.

Ebay doesn't want people complaining to them how SELLER XXXX emailed them
saying that they put up 1000 new coins up for auction with a link to every
one of them in that email./

I've dealt with 1400 sellers and buyers during my time on eBay. I surely do
not want to hear from the same guy I bought dvd's from about the next 1000
dvd's he's listed. If I want to know what he's listed, I can search for that
MYSELF.

Old November 20th 03, 04:36 PM
Gary Dorman

"a. linklurker" wrote in news:iqWjb.488725
:

"Frank Provasek" wrote
Attention fellow lemming...

Frank, you're the only rodent around here.
But you're not a lemming:
you're a rat-****.

link

Your language has reen reported to comcast
Old November 20th 03, 04:39 PM
Gary Dorman

Ebay can kiss my ass. All they want is more more more. Anyone seen the
50 cent subtitles? Pure GREED

Old November 20th 03, 04:41 PM
Gary Dorman

"Frank Provasek" wrote in
.com:

"Tony Cooper" wrote in message

I read both newsgroups. Or, at least I used to. The eBay newsgroup
is so dominated by whining complainers that it's not worth the
bother, though. It's like a class reunion of Hall Monitors.

A few years ago in a "for sale" newsgroup, a couple of
propeller-heads
that appointed themselves "newsgroup czars" used to get their panties
in a knot
whenever someone would list an item with an ebay link. But in their
logic, an "auction" wasn't a "sale." In response to a 3 line posting,
they would write
hundreds of lines ranting about the ebay listing costing people money
in
certain countries where Internet access was charged per minute
(notwithstanding it was a US local newsgroup), there were thousands
and thousands of mom-and-pop ISPs that
the original poster was STEALING hard drive space from, that someone
in Dallas
posting a Dallas auction on a Dallas local newsgroup was violating the
charter
because the fact that ebay is in California made it a CALIFORNIA
auction, therefore
off topic, here is what I wrote the original poster's ISP "Please nuke
this account for
violation of newsgroup charter. The Usenet community cannot continue
to exist
when your customers violate such basic rules blah blah blah."

What a pitiful life these Internet control-freaks must have....

RARE COIN AUCTIONS NO MINIMUMS http://www.frankcoins.com
Ebay Powerseller FRANKCOINS Texas Auction License 11259
Board member of Texas Coin Dealers Association, Fort Worth Coin Club.
Member: Texas Numismatic Assoc, American Numismatic Assoc

I agree with you 100% Frank. Glad to see you back on
Ebay.
Old November 20th 03, 04:43 PM
Gary Dorman

"SgtDeath" wrote in

"Lumpy" wrote in message
James Brautigan wrote:
...You have to make effort to keep your customers.
Let them know about special items that they might
want.

Lumpy wrote:
Dear One Time Customer -
Thanks for buying that 1947d penny from me.
I'll be "working you" in the future because
you're too stupid to look for or even know
what you want in a collectible coin. Don't
worry, I'll let you know what you want.
You don't have a choice. Oh, and this is
not spam. You now belong to us.

Terry Clinghan wrote:
Coin collectors work on sets so if they have bought a
1947d penny they might also need the one from
san francisco and pittsbugh.

Dear One Time Customer -
Told you we'd be "working you".
Since you're too stupid to know, we're telling
you now that you need a 1947s and a 1947p penny
to complete your set. And since you're too stupid
to search on your own, we'll notify you when we
have one available. When that happens you'll be
notified and you MUST purchase it. Because you
need it. This is not spam because we said so.

Lumpy
--
www.lumpymusic.com
In Your Ears for 40 Years

I like what you wrote Lumpy. LOL even. It's just too bad that these
people feel the need to spam to advertise. A good example is sig's. I
refuse to click on Frank's because its so rediculously long... but I
clicked on yours lumpy... You have a catchy line under your url. For
frank and all those that believe its ok to spam, really think about
it. If you can't actually be creative and have to resort to spamming
former customers, what's your stuff really worth? Oh, and lumpy, nice
site too! I remember the pics of the beachfront property in phoenix ya
showed. :-) good stuff!!

Why is Frank's sig "rediculously" (sic) long?
Old November 20th 03, 05:21 PM
Don Lancaster

Gary Dorman wrote:

Ebay can kiss my ass. All they want is more more more. Anyone seen the
50 cent subtitles? Pure GREED

And the problem with greed is....?

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster
Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552
voice: (928)428-4073 email: fax 847-574-1462

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at
http://www.tinaja.com
Old November 20th 03, 05:51 PM
Bob Flaminio

Gary Dorman wrote:
Ebay can kiss my ass. All they want is more more more. Anyone seen
the 50 cent subtitles? Pure GREED

As an EBAY shareholder, I support their greed 100%.

--
Bob

Old November 20th 03, 06:25 PM
SgtDeath

I agree with you 100% Frank. Glad to see you back on
Ebay.

Ok, so you respond to a dead thread, just to wake it up again. No body cares
whether you support a spammer or not, get on with life, go trade your coins
or go buy some ass coins or whatever. It's these damned pro-frank people
that just want to keep trolling like this, and ya know what it gets annoying
even when I kill the posts in my browser, it's people like you that have no
real life that want to keep rearing your ugly face "oh frank is good, I
support frank" well good, if you support him buy his coins, get his spam,
and live life. If you are so offended by link's "language" then maybe the
internet isn't for you... try living in the amish country, I hear they don't
use offensive language that'll hurt your poor virgin ears.

Old November 20th 03, 09:15 PM
Allen McBroom

Don Lancaster scribed upon the newsgroup scroll
:

And the problem with greed is....?

Hmmmmmm..... You asked.
Since greed is defined as the "love of money", and
1 Ti 6:10 says "the love of money is the root of all sorts of evil", then
I'd say the problem with greed is it generates evil. Having money is okay;
seeking money is okay; earning money is okay, but when money is wrongly
prioritized to the point of being greed, it becomes a problem.
Heb 13:5 says "Make sure that your character is free from the love
of money, being content with what you have", further admonition that greed
is a problem.

--
Allen McBroom
Remove WOOF when replying by email

Ebay Email Scams.........Letter and Ebay response CalRima Autographs 2 August 23rd 04 02:43 AM
Ebay autograph policy Gummby3 Autographs 0 April 16th 04 01:29 AM
do not forward OFF this group that Xlist dahoov2 Autographs 4 March 9th 04 03:45 AM
eBay spoofs John Yamamoto-Wilson Books 0 January 23rd 04 12:46 AM
Ebay FRAUD alert ThomasTeeter Juke Boxes 6 January 22nd 04 04:34 AM